Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories PSS is searching for an ELISA Scientist in West Point, PA.
ELISA Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The development and performing of assays to support biopharmaceutical testing
- Maintain records and test results following good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Document work clearly following Good Documentation Practice (GDP) and perform tests accurately
- Perform tasks in a repeatable and efficient manner
- Communicate effectively with team members and client staff
- Order and maintain laboratory space, inventory, and supplies
- Work independently and as part of a team. Self-motivated, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Prepare and pipet small volume solutions
The ideal candidate would possess:
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience including molecular biology techniques and small volume pipetting
- General knowledge of virology, molecular biology and aseptic techniques.
- Experience in Experimental design, validation, and assay transfers
- Experience in ELISA is required
- Experience with automation is required
- Ability to use Excel and working knowledge and understanding of statistical data analysis is required
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Experience writing scientific procedures and documents
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Additional InformationPosition is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of West Point, PA are encouraged to apply.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent in Biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field is required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
- 2-5 Years of pharmaceutical industry experience supporting ELISA assays
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.