At Alamar Biosciences, we're on a mission to transform the field of proteomics for the early detection of cancer and other diseases. We are creating the world's most sensitive proteomics platform to unmask the deepest secrets of our proteome. Our fully automated, high throughput platform will empower new biomarker discoveries for early detection and prevention of common diseases. We provide exceptional opportunities for those who have the entrepreneurial spirit, enjoy developing novel technologies and products, and aspire to grow together with the company.
We are seeking a Scientist - Assay Development
, with a passion for innovation to join our content development team to augment our novel biomarker detection and quantitation capability. You will be working in a fast-paced environment, on multiple projects, and will be a part of a rapidly growing company to make a big impact in life science research and early disease diagnosis.Primary Responsibilities include:
- Design and execute experiments for new biomarker detection.
- Examine the impacts of multiple variables on assay performance.
- Proactively identify opportunities for product and process improvement.
- Develop and document technology/product requirements, protocols, work instructions.
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related discipline.
- Hands on experience running and/or developing immunoassays, such as ELISA or similar, as well as experience generating, analyzing, and reviewing assay data.
- Self-motivation with a positive "can do" attitude, attention to detail and ability to manage complex projects.
- Knowledge in emerging reagent and immunoassay technologies is essential.
- Experiences in developing multi-plex assays desirable.
- Knowledge in biomarker discovery, assay prototyping, performance optimization, and control system design preferred.
- Data management skills highly beneficial.
- Strong communication skills to work within a multidisciplinary team environment required.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package, including daily lunch, health, dental, vision, life insurance, a flexible spending plan, paid vacation, stock options and a 401(k) plan.
Alamar Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer.