DaCapo is a healthcare startup focused on developing therapies for neurodegenerative diseases. We are uniquely placed at the confluence of cutting-edge neuroscience, machine learning and stem cell research. Using novel techniques developed by our founders in each of these fields, we are working to identify, test and drug new targets in these diseases. DaCapo is based in Cambridge MA and backed by several marquee investors. We are actively expanding our team and looking for passionate and motivated professionals who are keen to join us in our next phase of growth.
DaCapo Brainscience is seeking a talented and versatile Ph.D scientist to help advance our novel artificial intelligence (AI)-driven personalized medicine program for neurodegenerative diseases. This position is responsible for validating and importing the DaCapo founders' unique and groundbreaking iPSC technology. The position will be laboratory-based and requires strong experimental skills in induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) culture and central nervous system (CNS) cell-type differentiation.
· Importing and establishing within the company novel differentiation approachs of iPSC into CNS cell types such as neurons, astrocytes, oligodendrocytes and microglia, and combinetions thereof.
· Developing neurodegenerative disease models within these iPSC-derived CNS cultures for validating targets generated by AI-driven algorithms.
· Interacting and collaborating with data scientists who are curating and analyzing patient-derived genomics and clinical data.
Experience and skills required:
· Education: Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, cell biology, biochemistry, or relevant field with 2+ year of postdoctoral experience.
· Experience in optimizing CNS cell-type differentiation from iPSC.
· Experience with advanced techniques (for example, flow cytometry, scRNAseq, genome editing or CRISPR screens) is desirable.
· Knowledge in a neurodegenerative disease area.
· Experience in developing assays to measure cellular responses to pathologic processes.
· Highly versatile and team-based mindset.
· Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills are essential.
Location: Cambridge, MA
Compensation: Salary and equity negotiable based on experience
Starting Date: April 2022
DaCapo Brainscience is committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: DaCapo Brainscience does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to DaCapo or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by DaCapo Brainscience 's internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of DaCapo, and DaCapo will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.