Job Title: RN - Emergency Department - Santa Monica
UC Job Title: CLIN NURSE 2
Job Number: req21118
Work Hours: Nights
Job Type: career
Work Location: Santa Monica
Salary Range: 51.87 - 77.11
Under direct supervision of the Unit Director and Clinical Nurse Specialist/Clinical Educator-Supervisor, the primary responsibilities of the clinical nurse include the direct nursing care of patients utilizing the nursing process; development and application of leadership, management, and communication concepts; teaching of patients and staff; maintenance of professional standards in the Nethercutt Emergency Medicine Center at SMH.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required.
* Current and valid California RN license required.
* Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required.
* One year of direct patient care in an emergency department setting.
* Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire.
* Clinical skills include patient assessment, IV start, knowledge of medications, IV infusions and airway management.
* Ability to provide appropriate care for high acuity patients such as stroke, STEMI, trauma, psych, and pediatric populations.
* Skill in implementing appropriate nursing interventions on a consistent basis. Ability to communicate effectively and accurately to patient, patients family, and members of the patient care team.
* Identification of abnormal/ lethal cardiac rhythms and ability to provide appropriate treatment.
* Knowledge of electronic medical record documentation.
* Skill in setting priorities and organizing workload to effectively administer direct patient care.
* Skill in speaking English clearly and distinctly.
* Ability to identify changes in patient condition and provide appropriate interventions.
* Ability to comply with department standards on punctuality and attendance.
Bargaining Unit: NX
Layoff Referral Deadline:
Posted Date: 12/14/2021
Posting Category: Nursing