Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job Description
Our laboratory in Irvine, CA, provides test, engineering, and reliability services to a broad spectrum of technology-based sectors. We are proud to support our clients who range from startup stages to Fortune 500 global industry leaders. Our failure analysis staff succeed within a challenging but inspiring world of innovation; helping to support our clients research, develop, understand, and refine technologies that shape consumer electronics, medical device, automotive, military, aerospace, and manufacturing industries, just to mention a few. We demonstrate a hands-on approach to technical expertise by utilizing leading-edge methods and tools to attain insight that fuel engineering. If you enjoy being immersed in technology, dreaming about the future, tackling challenges head-on, problem-solving through teamwork, flexing your technical abilities and taking pride in accomplishments, then join us to live this every day.
Examples of the type of investigations our analysis work on:
- Identify semiconductor fabrication/manufacturing process defects as well as a circuit design related issues in a non-functioning, first Silicon product designed to be used in a novel medical device application: With this failure insight, the client was able to quickly implement appropriate changes and corrections to fabrication/re-spin a working product to further their new product launch activities.
- Isolate and identify the exact cause of a product failure in the field, to an electrical phenomenon event produced uniquely by a particular application: With this information, the client was able to initiate a strategic remedy to avert failures for these select applications, rather than having to invest unnecessary effort and cost to address and fix for their entire product line.
In this role, you will employ a variety of advanced tools and techniques to help support diverse aspects of a client's needs, which includes conducting technical discussions to understand the scope and expectations, designing and executing appropriate analytical plan/method, consulting with value-added insight and result interpretation, and recommending suitable next steps. This is a dynamic role where you will be exposed to ever-changing and evolving array of samples on the path of innovation.
If these types of cases excite you, enjoy a challenge, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a team centric approach to solving problems, we encourage you to apply.
This role is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) therefore all accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR: U.S. Person is a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e., "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.QualificationsEducation and Experience:
Job Knowledge, Skills And Ability
- Electrical Engineering degree (BSEE, MSEE required)
- 5+ years of Failure Analysis laboratory experience (semiconductor and electronics industry)
- Experience and knowledge in the following are highly desired: Semiconductor, materials analysis, DPA (destructive physical analysis), electronics end-use, manufacturing, design, etc.
- Hands-on FA experience, such as:
- Electrical measurements, Bench Test experience, microprobing
- Fault localization (e.g. OBIRCH, XIVA, TIVA, emmi, IR Thermography)
- Deprocessing, RIE
- FinFET process node knowledge/experience
- Cross sectioning, Ion milling
- DB FIB
Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)A strong work ethic with a commitment to accuracyThe ability to work to deadlines in a team-oriented environment are essentialAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.INDWeEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.