Bethune Cookman University
Job Title: Instructor - Psychology
Sector: College of Nursing and Health Sciences Department: Psychology
Salary Range: Commensurate with educational background and experience
JOB SUMMARY: The Department of Psychology at BethuneCookman University invite applications for one (1) full-time Sociology Instructor Position to support the undergraduate program beginning August 2022. The area of specialization is open, although preference will be given to applicants with experience in African/Black Psychology, Personality Theories, Social Psychology, Psychology of Aging, Health Psychology and Developmental Psychology. Applicants will also be expected to assist in meeting the normal service needs of the department. Expertise in one or more of the following areas is preferable: research methods in psychology and statistics in social science research
- Excellence in teaching and service is required.
- The successful candidate will teach four (4) to six (6) courses each semester.
- Online teaching experience is preferred, but is not required.
- Regularly scheduled office hours are mandatory (10 hours per week minimum)
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Qualifications include M.A., M.S., in Psychology
Working environment is a normal business office setting.
Demands normal manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity.
- Must be mobile throughout the campus.
- Typically, the incumbent may sit comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light items.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime.
Interested and qualified applicants should upload a cover letter and curriculum vita which includes the names of three references (both in MS Word). References will not be contacted until later in the hiring process and candidates will receive prior notification. Interviews will begin immediately until the position is filled. BethuneCookman University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from minorities and women.