Education and Training
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing accredited by the National League for Nursing; or
* Approved foreign credential evaluation supplemented by two years of progressively responsible nursing experience
Licensure or Certifications
* Must possess a valid State of Illinois Registered Nurse license at the time of employment
OTHER SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of nursing theories and practices for the treatment of patients
* Understanding of practices and principles of public health nursing
* Well-informed on the resources and services provided by community health and social service agencies
* Knowledge departmental nursing protocols and policies
* Ability to instruct and supervise professional and paraprofessional nursing staff.
You have a strong focus on:
* Reducing health inequities - providing medical care and services to communities of color hard-hit by the COVID-19 pandemic
* Facilitating teamwork - promoting communication, cooperation, and identifying with overarching project goals
* Patient First Care - delivering the highest quality care possible to patients in all communities
NOTE: The list of essential duties is not intended to be inclusive; there may be other duties that are essential to particular positions within the class
Location: DePaul Center, 333 S. State Street
Days: ? ? ? ?Monday - Friday
Hours: ? ? ?8:30am to 4:30pm
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE
VETERANS PREFERENCE NOTE: The City of Chicago offers Veterans Preference to both current, active military personnel AND military personnel who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and have received an honorable or general discharge. Eligible candidates must have at least six months of active duty documents. In order to receive the veterans preference, candidates need to indicate whether or not they are a veteran by answering "yes" or "no" to the question on the online application that asks, "Are you currently serving on active duty for at least six months in the Armed Forces of the United States OR have you served in the Armed Forces of the United States on active duty for at least six months and received an honorable or general discharge?" In addition, you must attach documentation to verify your military service. For veterans, you must attach a copy of your DD214 (Member Copy-4) to your online application which includes character of service status OR a letter from the United States Veterans Administration on official stationery stating dates of service and character of service. For active military personnel, you must attach a letter from your Commanding Office on official stationery verifying your active duty, length of service, and character of service in the Armed Forces of the United States AND a copy of your military ID to your online application. Failure to answer the question and attach the required documentation will result in you not being considered for the Veterans Preference.
Evaluation: Your initial evaluation will be based on information provided on the application form and documents submitted with the application. Applications must be submitted by the individual applicant. No second party applicants will be accepted.
Residency Requirement: All employees of the City of Chicago must be actual residents of the City as outlined in 2-152-050 of the City of Chicago Municipal Code. Proof of residency will be required.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation due to disability or pregnancy in order to participate in the application process, please contact the City of Chicago, Department of Human Resources, at (312) 744-4976 (voice) or (312) 744-5035 (TTY). Please be prepared to provide information in support of your reasonable accommodation request.
This position is funded by a federal grant. These funds may be extended, but CDPH cannot guarantee this position will be funded past July 2024.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ANY AND ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.
City of Chicago Department of Human Resource
Lori Lightfoot, Mayor Christopher Owen, Commissioner
PLEASE NOTE: Applications for this position will be accepted until 11:59 pm CDT on 5/6/2022.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.
Apr 22, 2022, 2:58:29 PM