*Lecturer: Health Science / Medical Studies / Health Care Administration & Policy*
The Arizona State University's College of Health Solutions (CHS) is seeking a full-time, 9-month, non-tenured instructional faculty member at the rank of Lecturer for its rapidly expanding programs in Health Science, Medical Studies, and Health Care Administration & Policy. This is a fixed-term appointment that is renewable annually. Subsequent one-year appointments may be offered, under the same terms and conditions, at the discretion of the college and university.
Through teaching, academic programs, service and research, all faculty at the College of Health Solutions address one or more of our three major areas of focus: 1) The systems of health care and the health needs of populations; 2) Health and human performance of individuals across the lifespan; 3) Personalized interventions through precision health. Across these areas, we work to address complex and difficult health problems which require transformative collaboration, translational research and innovation. We are particularly interested in making an impact on populations with significant health disparities.
Responsibilities for this position include teaching undergraduate courses at the Polytechnic/Downtown/West campuses on-line and/or in-person and providing service to the college and relevant degrees. Applicants must relocate to the greater Phoenix area as a condition of employment. Applicants must present evidence of teaching experience and a strong commitment to high quality teaching at the undergraduate level. Typical workloads for instructional faculty are consistent with 80% teaching (usually equivalent to four courses per semester) and 20% service.
At ASU and the College of Health Solutions, we work to maximize opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds, abilities and perspectives. We value and encourage cultural and intellectual diversity, and strive to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment for all faculty, staff and students - which we believe is critical to our success as a community. All individuals who can strengthen the diversity of our academic community are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
*COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements*
Under the recent executive order issued by President Biden requiring all employees of federal contractors to receive COVID-19 vaccinations, ASU expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required by December 8, 2021. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please [visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion's webpage](http://click.reply.asu.edu/?qs=7b3d96c6a3264937f69c1a15dee55728211b27c285fdb43f3511586a72fd0214617cdaa52750bd8768c16769b002d0029ab8c921e95a1284).
For more information about ASU and the College of Health Solutions, visit [http://about.asu.edu/](http://about.asu.edu/) and [https://chs.asu.edu](https://chs.asu.edu/).
* Terminal degree in healthcare related field
* At least 1 year work experience or coursework in health sciences or related fields
* At least 1 year of on-line or in-person teaching experience as instructor of record or as a teaching assistant
* Demonstrated ability to work, collaborate, and communicate effectively with diverse students, colleagues, community partners, and staff in a multicultural environment
* Shows commitment to our [College's Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion Council's mission and vision](https://chs.asu.edu/about/justice-equity-diversity-inclusion)
* Experience in healthcare related fields such as a Physician Assistant, Dentist, or Medical Doctor
* Additional work experience in healthcare administration or clinical healthcare
* Experience with courses taught through Canvas operating system
* Experience teaching large undergraduate courses
* Evidence of applying effective teaching practices
* Demonstrated ability to provide service to the program and university, as well as to the community and profession
* Experience in implementing instructional methods, student initiatives, faculty initiatives, scholarships, administrative practices, or other actions with the goal of reducing systemic discrimination and disadvantages facing students of minority backgrounds
*Application Deadline and Procedures*
Application deadline is *May 31, 2022*. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled.
To apply, click [http://apply.interfolio.com/106193](http://apply.interfolio.com/106193) to submit the following:
* A letter of interest including the name of the position for which you are applying, your qualifications, and professional experience
* Curriculum vitae
* Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number). References will not be contacted until the candidate progresses to the latter stages of the search process.
* Diversity and Inclusion statement detailing how your teaching, service and/or scholarship, or other work related to the position, supports ASU's commitment to diversity and inclusion as outlined above and in the [ASU charter](https://www.asu.edu/about/charter-mission-and-values).
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Edward Truong at [Edward.Truong@asu.edu](mailto:Edward.Truong@asu.edu).
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. (See [https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html](https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html) and [https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/](https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/).)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at [https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf](https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf) You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.