Valparaiso University invites applications for the position of Professor of Practice in innovation and entrepreneurship in the College of Business (COB) (www.valpo.edu/college-of-business/). Valparaiso University ("Valpo"), a community of learning grounded in the Lutheran tradition of scholarship, freedom, and faith, prepares students to lead and serve both church and society. Located one hour southeast of Chicago on a 310-acre campus, Valpo is a comprehensive university with an enrollment of over 3,500 undergraduate and graduate students. Valpo is consistently recognized as one of the best private universities in the Midwest and is located in Valparaiso Indiana, a county seat of 30,000 residents with high-quality schools and an active social community.
The finalist will serve as the inaugural Director for Valpo's Innovation Hub ("iHub") ([www.valpo.edu/innovation-hub/](http://www.valpo.edu/innovation-hub/)). The Director will play a key role in the strategic, growth, and operational advancements of the iHub. The Director will work in collaboration with the Deans of the COB and the College of Engineering (COE), as well as campus and community constituents, to develop and promote an active center. The finalist will also be asked to teach courses related to innovation, entrepreneurship and career-readiness.
* Lead stakeholder relation efforts of the iHub and the College of Business (COB) in collaborations with the College of Engineering (COE) to foster and support entrepreneurship, startups and economic development across the University and Northwest Indiana.
* Serve as the iHub liaison for COB/COE in economic development partnerships with the community, governmental leaders, and other stakeholders, in collaboration with Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce, and other relevant centers in the region.
* Coordinate and administer coaching, mentoring, continued education/life-long learning, consulting services to individuals and companies in the region.
* Maintain close collaboration with Deans of COB/COE in strategic planning and budgeting for the Center.
* Build and market iHub's brand and services to prospective client companies and business community at large.
* Develop and seek funding and grant opportunities for the iHub and client firms/organizations.
* Prepare reports for the Deans, Faculty, and National Advisor Committee and University.
* Develop long-range goals and objectives, operating policies and procedures, and budget.
* Oversee and manage iHub's budget.
* Oversee daily administration of iHub's operations and building.
* Collaborate with COB Dean's Office in developing and managing the client relations aspects of the iHub.
* Collect outcome metric data to provide for ongoing program evaluation.
* Teach academic courses in entrepreneurship, innovation and career-readiness at the COB at Valparaiso University during the academic year.
* Integrate and coordinate undergraduate and graduate student hands-on learning with professional activities at iHub.
* Build relationships and pathways for internships and employment opportunities with local companies for Valpo students.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Deans.
* Five years of relevant business experience Excellent communication skills
* Master's degree in a business or engineering-related discipline A range of entrepreneurial and startup experience Managerial experience managing staff and similar business centers Experience teaching courses in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Management, Leadership, or Strategy A wide regional and national industry network
As a campus with an increasingly diverse student body, we encourage applications from individuals with a commitment to mentoring students from underrepresented communities. Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Interfolio at [http://apply.interfolio.com/98823](http://apply.interfolio.com/98823). In your cover letter, please include brief statements of (a) how you might contribute to the university's distinctive mission, and (b) what experiences you have had which will enable you to mentor a diverse student body. Candidates who submit names of references should expect that the search committee will contact these references, in confidence, and that credentials will be confirmed prior to hire. Employment will require a satisfactory criminal background check. Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Start date is negotiable.
Valparaiso University does not unlawfully discriminate and aims to employ persons of various backgrounds and experiences to develop and support a diverse community. The entire EOE policy can be found at: [http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/](http://www.valpo.edu/general-counsel/policies/equal-opportunity-policy/)