BioAge is a platform-driven, clinical-stage biotechnology company that is mapping human aging to develop a pipeline of therapies that treat disease and extend healthy lifespan. Our proprietary human-first platform encompasses >65M molecular measurements spanning 45+ years of human aging, and unlocks a universe of novel biological insights and druggable mechanisms for age-related disease. We currently have three clinical programs in our growing portfolio-two first in class and two first in indication-for immune aging and muscle aging. Ultimately, our mission is to develop therapies that change the nature of aging and provide patients with years more healthy time. To date, BioAge has raised $127M from Andreessen Horowitz, Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, and others.
For additional information about BioAge, visit the company's website at www.bioagelabs.com.Responsibilities
- Development, optimization, and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays
- Preparation, curation, and analysis of biological samples, e.g., blood and solid tissues from pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Research, curation, and establishment of cell lines/primary cells relevant for disease indications of interest
- Quality control and assessment of data received from external collaborations
- Data generation, organization, and entry into secure database platforms
- Development and improvement of relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Communication of study results and presentation of data at group meetings
- Coordination, monitoring, and support of external research at CROs
- PhD, an equivalent advanced degree or experience
- Familiarity with mammalian cell culture techniques and cell-based assays
- Experience with bioanalytical techniques including ELISA and western blotting
- Experience with histological analysis and immunohistochemical methods
- Expertise in common molecular biology techniques, including sample preparation from animal tissues and qPCR analysis of gene expression
- Skilled in multi-well plate assays; experience with electronic and multi-channel pipetting
- Detail-oriented and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed, meticulous, and accurate documentation of experiments
BioAge offers a comprehensive compensation package, as well as generous paid time off in addition to company-observed holidays. We provide comprehensive health and wellness benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance), childcare and fertility benefits, along with a 401(k) retirement savings plan which includes matching employer contributions. We also pride ourselves in giving employees many opportunities for career development including a generous annual budget for continued learning, a direct and open-door environment, and a dedication to training and skill development.
At BioAge, everyone matters and we embrace diversity and differences while we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer. BioAge prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. BioAge conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.