Description: Knovva Academy
was founded by impassioned and motivated educators with a mission to inspire the next generation of world leaders. Knovva prepares students for success in the 21st century by introducing them to the world using programs that blend a traditional curriculum with hands-on experiential learning and online coursework. Knovva's mission is to enhance educational opportunities and strengthen 21st-century skills for students on a global scale by leveraging successful partnerships with premier educators, leading businesses, and communities around the world. Knovva is seeking engaging and dynamic instructors to join our student preparation program. They must possess the ability to motivate others and help them acquire the knowledge and learn the skills needed to achieve their highest potential score. The test-prep program is designed to prepare students to be well-equipped with the necessary academic skills and knowledge to stand out and further their education. Job Title
SAT Prep InstructorEmployment Type
Boston, MA/RemoteJob Duties
SAT Prep Instructors at Knovva Academy teach students in small groups or in 1:1 settings. The successful instructor will create, update, and adapt learning materials for students. Lessons will be designed to allow students to practice the elements of the SAT assessment. The pace and differentiation of student instruction will be a key factor in meeting the needs of our students. Further, successful candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of standardized assessments. This includes dates and times of the SAT assessments as well as the aptitude pedagogy required for students to improve their SAT assessment scores. All students should be issued practice problems and assessments during the course of instruction.
All student work should be engaging and relevant for our students. At Knovva Academy, we believe that relationships are at the heart of our work. The successful candidate will be able to connect with students from diverse backgrounds and understand their motivation for wanting to improve their SAT scores. Responsibilities
- Instruction - Working with students in 1:1 settings or small groups, the instructor will teach and build upon the mechanics of standardized testing and test strategy.
- Consultations - A review of student practice assessments coupled with individualized feedback is required. The effective instructor will be able to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of our students and help them to achieve optimum performance.
- BA or M.Ed in a related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Experience with proctoring standardized assessments or instruction in mathematics or English is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an international and multicultural environment
- Knovva Academy offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience and education.
Our HR department will have a further discussion with the candidates to decide the compensation. Location of Interview
We can conduct the interview either at our Boston, MA, office or remotely. Our Boston office is located at:
24 School Street, Second Floor, Boston, MA 02210
We also offer options to conduct this interview on Skype/Zoom. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter (optional) via Paylocity.