AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking instructors with experience in Tap dance styles as they relate to performance mediums for actors, singers, and dancers.
Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
* AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty."
* Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to dance instructors with recent / current performance credits.
* Experience choreographing dance productions in a variety of styles is a plus.
* College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
* Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere for dance education.
* Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels in dance.
* Knowledge of current dance techniques and trends is required.
* Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
* Effective lesson planning, delivery of assignments, and weekly Canvas course management (learning management system)
* BFA in Dance (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
* Certification in a variety of dance genres is a plus.
* Maintaining currency in dance techniques is required.
Faculty Responsibilities include providing a learning vehicle for diversity and inclusion content
Diversity and Qualifications:
* Successful candidates will have a sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of our students, including disabilities that may affect students' learning styles.
* AMDA is fully committed to diversity, inclusivity, and equity throughout the teaching and learning process. We encourage applications from individuals who have extensive experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
* Instructors who are members of traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy (including the booster) as of Fall 2021 for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at LAHumanResources@amda.edu
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.