Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.Job DescriptionAnalytical Chemist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
QualificationsThe ideal candidate would possess:
- Physical testing of samples to support pharmaceutical formulation development
- Data processing, interpretation and documentation
- Calibration and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Laboratory support activities including weekly eye-wash checks, shipping, and chemical inventory.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Experience with physical characterization techniques such as Powder X-ray diffraction, thermal analysis, vibrational spectroscopy (FTIR, Raman) and/or microscopy
- Experience with powder characterization techniques to measure particle size, powder flow, and surface area.
- Experience with laboratory automation tools
- Experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and be self motivated
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision
- A Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science, Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or other related discipline with a minimum of two (2) years of industrial experience OR a Master's Degree.
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Rahway, NJ are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays