BioMedicine Design (BMD) group at La Jolla, CA is seeking a highly driven and innovative Ph.D.-level scientist to join our biotherapeutics discovery group as postdoctoral research fellow in driving therapeutic innovation through technology development. This is a unique opportunity to be trained at the interface of protein engineering and cell biology, work collaboratively with diverse research teams within Pfizer, and publish at high-impact journals. By the end of the program, the postdoc will be proficient in protein/antibody design, expression and purification, characterization, cellular assay, and will be fully prepared to contribute to early-stage target identification and modality selection. The ideal candidate should have solid training in protein biochemistry, cell biology, or structural biology and good understanding of biology/oncology. Role Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate strong technical and scientific rigor in project planning and gap identification.
- Proactively conduct literature search to gather relevant information to form hypothesis for testing experimentally.
- Design and produce molecules to further our understanding of underlying biology and mechanism of targets and biologics; develop and utilize cell-based assays to test hypothesis and screen and rank molecules.
- Generate and effectively communicate results regularly at internal meetings, drive data-driven decisions in shaping the direction of research project.
- Participate in developing creative approaches to discover and optimize antibody-based biologics, evaluate novel modalities.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related discipline is required.
- Technically proficient in (at least) some of molecular and cell biology tools, including construct design, molecular biology, mammalian cell culture and lentiviral production, protein purification and characterization, cell line generation and development of cell-based assays, FACS, and/or fluorescence microscopy.
- Proficient with data reporting and analysis software, strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and engineering of novel entities.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary scientific team both independently and as part of a team, strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Other Job Details:
- Experience with antibody and biotherapeutic discovery and a working knowledge of antibody molecules.
- Training in immunology and cell biology is highly desirable.
- Prior experience with cell line generation with lentiviral system is preferred.
- Understanding cellular signaling pathways is a plus.
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
- Must be eligible to work in the US
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development