Why Patients Need You
Everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to the quality and the delivery of safe and effective products to patients. Our science and risk-based compliant quality culture is flexible, innovative, and customer oriented. Whether you are involved in development, maintenance, compliance or analysis through research programs, your contribution will directly impact patients.What You Will Achieve
An Associate Scientist (R1) position is available in the Upstream Process Development group of Bioprocess R&D in Chesterfield, MO. We're seeking a passionate and creative individual to join a dynamic team of scientists and engineers focused on developing robust, scalable, and high yield mRNA processes for the manufacture of mRNA vaccines and therapeutics for early- and late-phase clinical programs. The position will involve working with cross-functional development teams as well as working with commercial and clinical production facilities to ensure accurate technology transfer and successful large-scale production. You may also be involved in cutting edge technology development projects that seek to further understand and control this complex mRNA system and also potential to work on mammalian based biotherapeutics.How You Will Achieve
- Plan and execute experiments in tubes, microbioreactors, and other appropriate scale-down equipment in the development laboratory.
- Ensures timely, effective, and high-quality documentation in electronic laboratory notebooks and internal technical reports.
- Assist in the technology transfer of manufacturing processes to clinical, and commercial facilities. Provide support and troubleshoot during manufacturing campaigns as needed.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues both within the group and cross-functionally; contribute to maintaining and improving upon our safe, effective, and efficient lab operations.
- BS/BA in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- Requires competency in aseptic laboratory technique and the ability to carry out complex experiments and interpret data.
- Requires demonstrated effectiveness in collaborative projects, and ability to communicate effectively with scientists and management in a highly matrixed organization.
- 0-2 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Practical knowledge and/or experience with RNA or cell culture, scale up, GLP/GMP practices, and technology transfers to pilot/commercial sites.
- Team oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Well organized and great attention to detail.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Ability to perform complex data analysis
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- Ability to work on occasional weekend hours
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development