This position is for a biomarker statistician in the Translational Biomarker Statistics (TBS) team which is under the Statistical Research and Data Science Center (SRDC) within the Global Biometrics and Data Management (GBDM) organization in Pfizer Global Product Development (GPD). In this role, the biomarker statistician provides technical support in terms of experimental design, data analysis, output generation and statistical interpretation of biomarker data from late phase oncology and non-oncology clinical trials and external collaborations projects. The biomarker statistician works independently with Translational Oncology (TO) and Translational Medicinesleads to deliver analytical support for biomarker data sets informing clinical trials and testing research hypotheses. Skill sets required for this role include fundamental knowledge of statistical analysis and design, demonstrated ability to create computational tools for data analysis and visualization, familiarity with modern multi-dimensional 'omics data technologies and basic understanding about use of biomarkers in clinical contexts. Role Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various GPD scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of biological and 'omics data from target identification, assay development and exploratory biomarkers from late phase clinical oncology programs
- Build tools and pipelines for both scientists and statisticians to perform routine analyses, to report and visualize data and to support large-scale 'omics data analysis
- Collaborate with TO leads, Translational Medicine Leads and clinicians in the design, analysis and reporting of multi-dimensional biomarker data in late phase clinical trials, including assistance with visual summarization, interpretation of results, writing of the biomarker Statistical Analyses Plans to enable objective decision-making for each clinical program
- Defines and evolves best practices across the group and partners with ORU, Business Technology (BT) and bioinformatics experts to align approaches, develop best practices and assess and develop new technology
- Collaborate with research unit scientists in the design, analysis and reporting of genetics and 'omics analyses to enable robust decisions to be made from our clinical trial data
- Partner closely with Clinical Teams, Statistics, BT and TO functions to identify, pilot and incorporate new bioinformatics tools to support clinical trials
- Bring innovative statistical thinking including Bayesian thinking in oncology research through presentations, short courses, and collaboration
- Represent statistics function on cross-line teams
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
- PhD in statistics, biostatistics, computational biology, bioinformatics, data science or related disciplines with minimum of 4 years of industry experience. Or Masters with 7 years of experience
- At least one full year experience applying statistical methods to the prospective design and analysis of scientific and/or clinical problems. Pharmaceutical or biotech applications desired.
- Able to effectively manage a diverse and dynamic workload
- Programming skills in R are required
- Understanding of SAS is a bonus with expertise in big data, data visualization and web based applications.
- Strong working knowledge of high dimensional exploratory biomarker platforms (e.g. transcriptomics, proteomics, flow cytometry, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of statistical analytical methods that may be applied to genetics and omics data analysis.
- Strong understanding of clinical study design principles and familiarity working with clinical data in a clinical trial setting.
- Familiarity/expertise in meta-analysis and potential issues surrounding combining
results from different studies, both from a design perspective and in terms of subject ascertainment.
- Experience running simulations and mixed models.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, influence and champion statistics thinking with scientific team audiences and management.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly convey statistical and bioinformatics principles and results to non-experts.
- Experience presenting to multi-disciplinary scientific audiences.
- Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.