The position is responsible for leading a globally located team of Systems Analysts to support development and implementation of data management systems, working in close collaboration with our Pfizer Digital partners. Works on projects within an integrated program or functional area in order to achieve business strategy and vision.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES Strategy & Program Management
- Technical expertise in the interpretation and administration of policies, processes, and procedures that may affect development and use of enabling technologies
- Clear understanding of compliance and regulatory requirements in system development, implementation, and validation in a regulated environment
- Participates in activities involving the definition of enabling technology strategy and processes that are aligned with corporate, departmental and /or functional area strategies and objectives.
- Enabling Technologies Functional Summary: Responsible for, or participates in driving the vision and implementation strategy for the integrated, standardized systems and business processes and provides overall leadership & management of activities in support of the DSRD lines. Responsible for maintaining compliance across the infrastructure.
- Provides a senior level of assistance in the identification and development of the strategies and vision of the supported program or functional area. Plays a lead role in working with the team to develop enabling technologies that will help achieve the vision.
- Works in close collaboration with the DSRD line and governance to identify, prioritize, and resource innovative technology solutions aligned with the DSRD strategy.
- Uses project management skills to ensure completion of project deliverables.
- Fully experienced in the interpretation and administration of policies, processes, and procedures that may affect development and use of enabling technologies.
Business Process Excellence
- Directly responsible for quality and/or compliance of work product and some solutions developed and implemented to avoid unacceptable risk to the project, program or functional area.
- Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable local and/or global regulatory standards (e.g. FDA, GLP regulations).
QUALIFICATIONS Training & Education Preferred:
- Works on strategic initiatives to achieve business strategy and vision.
- Works with the team to formulate and recommend design solutions and meet project and strategic objectives. Guides team members on the use of problem-solving/improvement tools and skills.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of responsible area and a wide application of knowledge in more than one major technical area.
- Helps staff develop solutions to a wide range of difficult problems requiring creative solutions. Initiates creative methods and collaborative problem-solving.
- Develops plans for DSRD Global Lines and provides input on long-term strategy. Works with line partners to develop objectives.
Prior Experience Preferred:
- Degree in a technology related field
- A MBA or advanced degree is highly desirable.
- 10 or more years of Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Background in business technology is preferred.
- DSRD business experience in order to have a thorough understanding of the processes associated with operational aspects
- Deployment of GLP validated systems
- Direct management experience. Training in leadership skills, supervisory skills and management skills
- 10 years experience in a computer-related environment accompanied by work in a GLP environment.
- Training in change management is a plus
- Knowledge of project budgeting and understanding of project resource needs, ability to translate project requirements into effective execution/implementation
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Demonstrated effective influencing and negotiating, good interpersonal, leadership, and team player skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience working in a global and multicultural organizations working across national and international boundaries
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.Relocation support availablePfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.