The University of Southampton is in the top one per cent of world universities and is one of the UK's top 20 research-intensive universities, with an international reputation for its research, teaching and enterprise activities.
The University is seeking to appoint a 12 month FTC Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll department. This post is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, focussed person to join our busy payroll team, which forms part of the larger Transactional hub.
Main duties of the role include:
• Working within a team to process in a professional manner, all payroll and pensions data on time and accurately, to include contractual notifications (e.g. starters, leavers, post changes, pension schemes), statutory payments and deductions, overpayments and customer queries.
• To prioritise workloads to meet month-end and statutory deadlines.
• To provide a professional and customer-focused payroll service.
The ideal candidate will be able to work Monday to Friday 08:30 - 16:30 (blended working).
You will be an excellent team player with a proven ability to work proactively. You will be well organised and adaptable, taking a positive approach to managing a busy workload. Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills are required as is a commitment to providing an excellent service. Along with a flexible working approach. you will work with accuracy and attention to detail, to be able to accommodate the needs of the business. Enthusiasm for learning new tasks and accurate data entry skills is fundamental to this post.
Good IT skills including the Microsoft Office package are required, and experience using Zellis Resourcelink or a similar integrated payroll package is preferred but not essential.
We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture at the University and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices, including a hybrid working model, where employees can split their working time between the office and home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our institution as well as our people.
We believe equality and diversity are fundamental to making the University of Southampton a vibrant, proud and successful organisation. A diverse workforce, with people from different racial, educational and social backgrounds and a range of ages, opens up a wealth of possibilities for Southampton.
The University also offers many other benefits:
• Competitive Salary
• Pension Scheme
• Holidays including extra 8 days during the year
• Discounted access to on-campus sports, arts, and culture facilities
• Wide range of discounts from national and international shops and services
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.