Thank you for your interest in a career at Senti Biosciences. Our mission is to create a new generation of smarter medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously inconceivable. We are passionate about designing gene circuits to improve the "intelligence" of cell and gene therapies in order to enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
At Senti, we find purpose and meaning knowing that our efforts have the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as our foundation and empathy as our key guiding principle, colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time, cancer becomes history.
Senti Bio is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with strong analytical skills and experience working with Biologics and Cell and Gene therapies. This role will have a big impact on the advancement of Senti's novel gene circuits therapies to the clinic. Key responsibilities will include testing samples across a wide range of assays including infectious titre, genomic titre, copy number, immunoassays, and phenotypic flow assays. Main support will be for Viral Vector core and R&D requests as well as supporting Analytical Development with characterization and method qualifications. Senti is looking for someone with a wide range of technical skills, the ability and desire to learn new skills, and a strong collaborative work ethic. This will be a highly visual position working hand and hand with many different groups ensuring projects are kept on track. Responsibilities:
- Learn Senti's platform assays
- Provide testing support for TechOps and Research & Development groups.
- Support Analytical Development with method qualifications and transfers.
- Manage Test request system, organize data, and reporting results to requestors
- Collaborate and work closely with various groups
- Write Test Methods and SOPs
- Independently perform experiments
- Successfully execute and document laboratory procedures and experiments with great attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in Cell Biology or related life science field.
- 2+ years of relevant experience, industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical background with experience in one or more of the following: flow cytometry, ELISA, and/or qPCR-based assays
- Viral vector testing is a plus
- Experience with cell culture
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player, proactive and willing to work in a small team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS office and other commonly used software and technology platforms
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities outside of the initial job description to support the team
Senti Bio is a leading gene circuit company designing gene circuits to create a new generation of "smarter medicines" and enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC, Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, and others among our investors. In December 2021, Senti Bio and Dynamics Special Purpose Corp. (Nasdaq: DYNS), a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), announced a definitive business combination agreement to create a public company focused on Gene Circuit-engineered cell and gene therapies. The transaction is expected to be completed in the second quarter of 2022. Senti Bio is based in South San Francisco, CA, USA.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Senti Bio. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse Senti Team. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.