The UTMB Department of Surgery T32 research fellowship program focuses on providing state-of-the-art interdisciplinary research training experiences for postdoctoral fellows interested in gastrointestinal (GI) tract, pancreas, and liver diseases. Research areas include molecular and developmental biology, regenerative medicine, and mechanisms of carcinogenesis. Our highly structured degree-granting curricula are designed to provide fellows with comprehensive foundational training in essential scientific knowledge, methodologies, technical skills, and ethical considerations pertinent to the effective practice of either basic or translational as well as outcomes research. The postdoctoral mentee will perform various standardized laboratory assignments and experiments in a supportive and collaborative research environment. Deep scientific interests and understanding the objectives of our studies are critical in discovering novel scientific findings. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team, and willingness to acquire new methodological and technical skills are essential. Position is for US citizen or permanent resident only.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates complex research experiments following general technical procedures under the guidance of the Principal Investigator.
- Works with Principal Investigator to formulate research plans, coordinates project activities and establishes appropriate reporting procedures.
- Contributes to scientific analysis and interpretation of projects.
- Prepares manuscripts, meeting presentations, and performs background literature searches.
- Makes modifications to research procedures in collaboration with the Principal Investigator.
- Confers with Principal Investigator regarding results obtained and receives suggestions for modification to procedures and/or interpretation of final data.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as required.
Ph.D., M.D. or Doctoral equivalent in any field. Research experienceSALARY:
Commensurate with Experience