Senior Manager, Scientific Communications (Medical Publications / Remote, USA / TMTT)
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Scientific Communications professional with significant publication experience to join a team that is boldly designing transcatheter mitral and tricuspid therapies from the ground up. Edwards TMTT division is dedicated to solving the complex challenges of mitral and tricuspid disease to transform treatment and significantly improve patients lives.
The Senior Manager, Scientific Communications will lead the design and implementation of scientific communication activities. This is a subject matter expert, individual contributor role.Key Responsibilities
- Proactively prioritize, identify, assess, and critically summarize relevant scientific and medical literature across therapeutic area. Synthesize, assess, and communicate potential impact of key findings to internal stakeholders.
- Interpret study results and collaborate with HCPs (e.g., study Investigators, physicians) in the development of scientific communications content, such as conference proceedings (e.g., abstracts and presentations) and/or journal manuscripts. Use strong writing, editing and project management skills to achieve publication goals.
- Lead cross-functional project reviews and serve as core team member on clinical study teams. Initiate ad hoc data analysis (e.g., survival analysis) of clinical data sets and provide strategic recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Conduct literature reviews to address internal and external medical information queries.
- Provide input to set the Global strategy of medical/scientific podium and publication programs.
- Develop and cultivate strong relationships with key academic institutions, physicians, KOLs, hospitals, scientific societies and associations to facilitate scientific communication efforts.
- Lead the continued development of the scientific content repository.
- Represent Medical Affairs in various internal and external programs.
- This position meets the definition for a healthcare interacting position.
- PhD and 7 years of scientific writing, editing and project management experience within medical device, pharmaceutical, hospital or healthcare industries OR
- Master's Degree and 8 years of experience as listed above OR
- Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience as listed above
- Ability to travel up to 20%
In addition to meeting minimum requirements, it would be nice to have the following:
- Cardiovascular medical device industry experience
- Clinical knowledge in the interventional cardiology space
- Experience with class III medical devices including PMA, IDE, 510(k)
- Understanding of international and domestic medical device regulations and guidance
- Full understanding of regulatory submissions, reports and audits
- Expert in the development of scientific/medical conference proceedings and manuscript publication in major scientific journals
- Extensive clinical and scientific acumen, for use in various circumstances, including in working with internal stakeholders and with physicians in identifying evidence gaps and opportunities
- Extensive knowledge of ACCME, AdvaMed, EUcomed, FDA and ISO regulations
- Proven successful project management skills
- Proven expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced PowerPoint, Word, Excel and related systems
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationship skills including negotiating and relationship management skills with ability to drive achievement of objectives
- Recognized as an expert in own area with specialized depth and breadth of expertise within area of work in the organization
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and guide stakeholders
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all organizational levels and proactively escalate issues to appropriate levels of management in the organization
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Represents leadership on projects within a specific area interfacing with project managers and medical affairs team
For Colorado Residents Only
- Aligning our overall business objectives with performance, we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and a wide variety of benefits programs to address the diverse individual needs of our employees and their families.
- The base pay range for this position is $149,000 to $173,000
- Additional information can be found through the link: https://www.edwards.com/careers/benefits
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards is committed to complying with the requirements and guidance from our government authorities and to protecting our vulnerable patients and the healthcare providers who are treating them around the world. As such, all Healthcare Interacting positions require COVID-19 vaccination, which includes anyone who directly interfaces with patients and those who interact with healthcare providers as part of their role. If hired, as a condition of employment, you will be required to submit proof that you have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a valid religious or medical exemption from being vaccinated.