Protein Technologies Center (PTC) is seeking an experienced Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) Scientist who will characterize molecular interactions using SPR and other methods to support Structural biology projects.
The candidate is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the SPR instruments; and should independently plan, optimize and execute experiments to measure the kinetic and equilibrium binding constants. S/he will explore, develop, and apply new methods and technologies to understand the protein-ligand interactions. The candidate will be interacting closely with other scientists and investigators and participating in collaborative research towards understanding the cell functionality and mechanism of disease; should also be willing to train postdocs and other staff members on the instruments.
Preferred skills and experience
• Hands-on experience using Biacore (T200 or S200 or 8K) and/or other biosensors and techniques to analyze a variety of molecular interactions.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the macromolecular structure, protein-ligand interactions, and biophysical properties.
• Demonstrated ability to tackle multiple projects
• Bachelors degree in relevant scientific area is required.
• Seven (7) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
• Five (5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Masters degree
• Three (3) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD