The Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control housed at St Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, is seeking applicants for a full-time mobile Health (mHealth) Research Scientist position for a National Cancer Institute-funded project. The candidate will work with senior faculty members, a project coordinator, Clinical Research Associates, and other researchers to improve health outcomes for aging childhood cancer survivors. The scientist will collaborate with an experienced health informatics/IT team to develop, deploy, and maintain mHealth platforms for collecting patient-reported outcomes and digital health markers for research. Under the supervision of lead faculty members, the candidate will be engaged in a variety of research activities related to conducting literature review, data collection and analysis, creating training materials for patient engagement, writing research papers, engaging in mHealth-enabled health interventions, and grant preparations.
• A MD or a PhD in an appropriate scientific field is required.
• Three (3) years of relevant and productive research experience in clinical/population-based outcomes and health behavior research required.
• Experience must include study design methodology, protocol development, study conduct and analysis.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with team members.
• Ability to work independently in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English language, both verbally and in writing.
• Multiple publications as the first author in patient-reported outcomes research and/or mobile or digital health technology research preferred.
• Experience in data analysis and modeling (e.g., statistical, machine learning methods) preferred.