A Principal Bioinformatics Research Scientist position is immediately available in the lab of Dr. Jinghui Zhang, Chair of the Department of Computational Biology, for a highly motivated candidate to lead omics-based investigation on the etiology, response and therapeutic targets of pediatric cancer.
Candidates with a strong background in computational biology, cancer genomics/epigenetics or cancer predisposition are highly encouraged to apply for this position. Successful candidates shall have a well-established track record in cancer genomic/epigenomic research, in-depth experience in data analysis, excellent critical thinking and manuscript preparation. Experience in software development and mentoring for junior staff is highly desirable.
Recognized as a world leader in genomic analysis, the Zhang lab has focused on computational methods development and research investigation involving both the dry-lab analysis and wet-lab validation with high-impact publications in top-tier biomedical journals such as Nature, NEJM, JAMA, Nature Genetics, Nature Methods and Cancer Discovery. The candidate will be leading highly productive research investigation on advancing cures for pediatric cancers. Our lab also has a track record of providing a nurturing environment that enables scientists to further advance their career by deepening and broadening their scientific and technical skills. We provide a highly interactive environment with collaborative opportunities across a broad spectrum of research areas, access to high performance computing clusters, cloud computing environment, innovative visualization tools, highly automated analytical pipelines and mentorship from faculty scientists with deep experience in data analysis, data management and delivery of high-quality results for highly competitive projects.
This position is located in Memphis, TN, and relocation assistance is available.
• Bachelors degree is required
Principal Bioinformatic Research Scientist
• Thirteen (13) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required
• Eleven (11) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a Masters degree
• Eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD
Senior Bioinformatic Research Scientist
• Ten (10) years of relevant post-degree expeirence is required
• Eight (8) years of relevant post-degree work expeirence is required with a Masters degree
• Five(5) years of relevant post-degree work experience is required with a PhD