ATL is growing! As a leader in scientific sourcing, the largest and most respective companies in the world look to us for innovative hiring solutions. We are looking for a Research Coordinator to join our growing team in the lab. Ideal candidates will be highly motivated to exceed customer expectations, focused on continuous improvement, able to communicate well and have demonstrated experience adhering to quality and safety standards. This is a great opportunity to get hands-on lab experience whether you're just beginning your career or looking to work with new instrumentation and emerging technologies.Overview
As an R&D Microbiologist you will be testing raw materials or formulations for antimicrobial abilities against various microorganisms. The ideal candidate will be motivated, energetic, forward thinking, and possess outstanding leadership development and/or technical skills, organizational awareness, and a commitment to excellence.What You'll Do
- Calculation and preparation of solutions for testing.
- Optical Density (OD) measurement of organisms.
- Utilizing fundamentals of microbial testing, including good aseptic technique, diluting cultures, plating microorganisms, and counting colonies.
- Identify MIC and MBC of chemistries supplied by the client against various organisms.
- Test subset of raw materials in combination with existing products for antimicrobial effectiveness.
- Isolation streaking from mixed population samples.
- Ability to discern presence of contamination as indicated by unexpected or multiple morphologies, changes in appearance (plate or culture), changes in expected growth rate etc.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology preferred, or related scientific discipline required.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills such as communication, relationship building, initiative, adaptable, positive attitude, and team building.
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Data handling, method retrieval, all work must be accurate and timely.
- Experience in the consumer products, pharmaceuticals or personal care industry is preferred but not required.
- One to two years of experience working in an FDA/cGMP regulated environment is preferred.
- Strong foundation in technical problem-solving skills to assist in troubleshooting.
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment. Must be flexible and be sensitive to changing priorities.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
What You'll Get
- Advanced Instrumentation
- Emerging Technologies
- Career Mobility & Ongoing Development
- Collaborative & Supportive Culture
- Growing Organization
- Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive Workplace
- Competitive Wages & Benefits
In addition, ATL offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Pet Insurance, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with company contribution, Paid Time Off, and an Associate Assistance Plan. In addition, we offer a competitive salary and the advantage of a professional environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
AT ATL, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally p rotected status. ATL strongly supports diversity in the workplace .