Altasciences is a forward-thinking, mid-size contract research organization offering pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies a proven, flexible approach to preclinical and clinical pharmacology studies, including formulation, manufacturing and analytical services. For over 25 years, Altasciences has been partnering with sponsors to help support educated, faster, and more complete early drug development decisions. Altasciences' integrated, full-service solutions include preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology and proof of concept, bioanalysis, program management, medical writing, biostatistics, and data management, all customizable to specific sponsor requirements. Altasciences helps sponsors get better drugs to the people who need them, faster.
Do you want a fast-paced, exciting and innovative career in research? Altasciences is currently seeking all levels of Research Associate to assist in daily activities and operation of the Laboratory Sciences laboratory including specimen receipt and inventory, sample preparation, data collection and analysis.
The Research Associate will perform data collection activities including ligand binding/ELISA assays, Real-Time PCR, mass spectrometry, and flow cytometry, as assigned.Responsibilities:
- Maintain and document chain of custody for specimens and reagents in the laboratory
- Prepare specimens, including animal blood, fluids, and tissues for quantitative analysis.
- Perform analysis and analyze data according to Protocol or other guiding documents with accurate documentation.
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance (including cleaning, stocking supplies, equipment maintenance tasks, etc.)
- Assist in calibration, optimization, and maintenance of analytical instruments
- Maintain and review laboratory records, procedures and study data for completeness and accuracy
- Associates degree in scientific discipline plus a minimum of 6 months relevant laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with microplate-based assays including ELISA, ECL, qPCR, flow cytometry, LC-MS/MS preferred.
- Familiarity with FDA GLP regulations and Bioanalytical guidance preferred
- Intermediate computer and computer software skills with Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Intermediate to Advanced Math Skills.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status. Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.E-Verify.gov. INDMP