Interested in being a part of the world's leading drug development company? Are you looking for a role with continued training and career progression?
We have a rare opportunity for an experienced Assistant Lead Scientist
to support our LC/MS Bioanalytical Study Team
in Indianapolis, IN.
Labcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on the lives of millions worldwide. Join us & be a part of this life-saving work!
In this role, you will oversee the validation and analysis of biological samples for various compounds and components in compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Able to lead and direct scientific work to support internal methods and experiments.
- Develops and reviews protocols and sample analysis plans.
- Reviews data with the method development team to ensure methods are ready for validation.
- Approves validation methods and reviews sample analysis methods.
- Independently reviews and approves raw data.
- May serve as a SD, RS, CS, LS, or PI for non-regulated, GLP-regulated, and GCP-regulated studies as applicable.
- Evaluates data and tables to ensure regulatory guidelines and expectations are met.
- Reviews reports for scientific accuracy and completeness.
- Provides technical support as needed.
- Assists with efforts to troubleshoot and solve assay problems.
- Recognizes the functions of different teams within Covance and seeks guidance when appropriate.
- Assists with client communications regarding scientific direction.
- Works with the client to determine project requirements.
- Assists with scientific directives for the study team.
- Identifies scientific issues or scope changes within the study.
- Communicates and monitors scientific expectations with scientific staff and clients.
- Promotes quality within the study team.
- Provides a technical resource for less experienced team members.
- Actively promotes collaboration within and across groups.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and manage workload.
- Demonstrated ability to manage high volume study work.
- Takes accountability and demonstrates responsibility regarding scientific study conduct.
- Good knowledge of client requirements.
- Manages time effectively.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
2-3 years of experience in the job discipline Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Proven ability to prioritize and manage time Excellent attention to detail Able to utilize word processing, database, spreadsheet, and specialized software Experience and skill with Watson, Nautilus, and Analyst preferred Knowledge of regulatory agency guidelinesRecommended:
Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in science or related field
Masters (MS) degree in science or related field preferred
Experience may be substituted for educationLabcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.