Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year, by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2020 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term international career.What to ExpectDevelopment of new biomarker assays in the area of expertise.
- Consult with client and supervisor to establish goals
- Research scientific literature and develop plan
- Communicate experimental plan to supervisor and/or client and revise as needed
- Estimate material resources and obtain necessary reagents and equipment.
- Design and conduct experiments in timely fashion and routinely update supervisor on progress
- Modify plan as needed. Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems and select optimal conditions
- Prepare clear, detailed experimental reports that enable reproduction of experiment by others in the lab and include precise tracking of samples and data
- Complete testing within the expected turnaround time to meet customers' expectations
- Conduct assay operations as needed for study support.
- Train others and participate in method transfer activities as required.
- Include all appropriate controls in experimental design
- Verify instrument performance and document quality checks
- Report any quality issue to supervisor and participate in troubleshooting.
- Scientific Communication
- Generate concise and clear technical reports for clients and interpret basic findings
- Prepare high quality scientific reports for internal and external oral presentation
- Prepare scientific posters and manuscripts that demonstrate expertise and enhance the reputation of Labcorp in the scientific and client community.
Teamwork and Scientific Leadership
- Read appropriate literature and research topics applicable to Labcorp and client needs
- Suggest and evaluate new assays and assay improvements
- Evaluate new techniques, technologies, and instruments
- Participate in internal and external scientific seminars and training
- Reliable expert resource for client consultation
- Freely share ideas and learning with Biomarkers team and other colleagues
- Networks with other Labcorp colleagues
- Actively participate as team member for Labcorp and client studies.
- Train and mentor other team members and check for understanding
- Willingly cross-train and learn other assays to support overall team efforts
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, Universal Precautions and Labcorp Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Complete required training and maintain training records
- Follow established Labcorp operations procedures for purchasing, payroll, client interaction, etc. at all times
Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses Minimum Required:
- Individual must have 7 years bench-level laboratory experience in a related scientific discipline including 5 years experience in area of expertise.
- Experience with related instrumentation/equipment in area of expertise
- Expertise with immunoassay techniques and procedures.
- Expertise with assay validation procedures and data analysis.
- Proficiency in applicable instrumentation software, database, graphical and statistical software
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with and support others in a team-oriented environment
- B.S. or M.S. in related scientific field.
- Experience conducting research, data interpretation, and writing reports.
- Proven track record of method development.
- Some experience performing scientific presentations and preparing scientific publications.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation, system software, Microsoft applications, and laboratory statistics.
- Effective communication skills with technical staff, business development staff, peers and clients.
- Attention to detail and interpretation of scientific data.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
#LI-AB1Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.