Are you a Nurse and looking for a new opportunity to help patients in need? Take the next step and explore the options available as a Research Nurse I- PRN by joining the company that was voted as one of Fortune 500's best employers!
Our growing Labcorp Drug Development team in our Dallas, TX clinic is seeking highly motivated and quality-driven nurses with a passion for clinical care and science who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with our healthy volunteer participants and perform a variety of assessments including vital signs and phlebotomy on clinical trials for groundbreaking new medications.
Ideal candidates enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are able to read and understand clinical research protocols, thrive in a team-oriented environment and have a passion for continued learning. The role offers established ladders for advancement. Join the Pursuit and help us on our mission to bring new therapies to patients in need!
- Top CRO with unmatched global footprint
- 70K+ employees in 100 countries worldwide
- Collaborated on 87% of novel drugs approved by the FDA in 2020, including 86% novel oncology drugs, and 88% rare and orphan medicines.
- Cutting edge Oncology work in Immunotherapy & CAR-T and also COVID trials - Global support and collaborative team environment, 24/7 IT Support for regional employees
- Focus on our people (employees) and their career path - SuccessPath - this platform is the employee version of our career site - you can set alerts, refer friends and apply to openings.
- Launched a "when in counts" campaign, where employees can provide online recognition to co-workers that have gone above and beyond, to date 100s have been recognized.
Responsible for study unit activities in the conduct of clinical trials with emphasis on the safety and welfare of study participants.
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure that the dignity, health, safety, and welfare of participants is given the highest priority at all times
- Be current with appropriate emergency certifications and company emergency policy and procedures
- Respond to emergency situations based upon nursing standards - Utilize skills, knowledge, nursing diagnosis, and clinical judgement in order to provide a high standard of care for participants in clinical trials
- Utilize nursing assessment skills to observe participant general well-being and potential adverse events. Document adverse events and takes appropriate action as needed
- Obtain Informed Consent and continue the ICF process by educating, explaining and informing participants of study procedures
- May obtain medical history - Administer investigational compounds (inclusive of parenteral) to participants according to the protocol and applicable regulations
- Perform study related activities such as cannulation, telemetry, holters, vital signs, ECGs, venipuncture
- Collect and process biological samples according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures - Record data obtained in a timely, error free manner according to the protocol and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain an understanding of current regulatory requirements - Transcribe source data onto the Case Report Form
- Take responsibility for quality control of study data - Attend all required meetings, as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records of all work undertaken - Maintain skills to perform all study tasks, as required
- Maintain constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times - Handle participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained
- Ensure that client and participant confidentiality is maintained - Respond to client and team queries in a timely manner
- Take ownership for the quality and standard of own work.
- Apply NMC code and conduct to all aspects of duties (Leeds) - Record Adverse Events (AEs) as required
- Be competent in all aspects of dosing as required by study - Undertake Shift Lead position as dictated by workload within the clinic
- Contribute to clinic projects as required - Gain ILS (Leeds) or BLS (US) certification
- Assist lead nurse in medical programs (such as Hep B and TB) within the clinic, as required - Undertake any other duties as required.
- Associates Degree or BS degree in nursing with current licensure in applicable state.
- CPR/AED certified - ACLS-certified preferred upon entry to role. ACLS certification maybe be gained in role if not yet certified
- 0-1 year related clinical research nursing experience
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.