Labcorp Drug Development is looking for a Lab Assistant
to join our team!
LabCorp Drug Development provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry. We strive to make a difference to people's everyday lives by bringing essential medicines to the market.
As a key member of Central Labs
team, you will have the following responsibilities (including but not limited to):Essential Job Duties:
- Successfully performs the specific department duties as set forth in the task list and/or department training checklist.
- Adheres to established Safety SOPs and Universal Precaution guidelines at all times. Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment. Minimizes biohazard waste. Cleans workstation and materials daily.
- Demonstrates proficiency in applicable computer systems and software.
- Properly handles specimens and resolves specimen issues independently in preparation for analysis and specimen storage. Contacts internal clients for clarification as needed.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Performs all procedures in accordance with the written department SOPs.
- Generates an appropriate audit trail for all activities. o Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file, and is accountable for correcting any deficiencies found in his/her training file.
- Individual is responsible for ensuring he/she is trained and training is documented prior to performing a task.
- The individual successfully completes, as scheduled, competency assessment, and ensures competency testing documentation is provided to management for review/retention.
- Provides support to testing personnel in preparation for sample analysis
- Receive, open, and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Prepares and properly labels quality control material accurately.
- Perform clerical functions as needed including timely filing of department records, printing of worksheets and other records, and preparing data for archival.
- May assist in training new employees and follows-up to ensure training is understood.
- May perform maintenance on instruments and equipment according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documents according to SOP. Notifies laboratory management when an instrument or equipment does not meet specifications.
- May perform pipette calibrations and document according to SOP.
- Attends, as scheduled, department, mandatory, and other meetings and training as required by training matrices
- Introduces and develops improvement ideas for the group with the assistance of others.
- Provide laboratory management with a report of activities upon request.
- Other duties as assigned.
- No prior experience required; prefer lab experience.
- Excellent customer service skills including attention to detail, accuracy, confidentiality, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate customer service needs.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines effectively.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience with office software applications (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Associates Degree; experience may be substituted for education. GVA: Obligatory school degree
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related science field
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.