Applications Scientist, BioPharmaLocation:
Requires onsite work in Tewksbury MA. Candidate must be open to relocating to MA/Tewksbury area.How will you make an impact?
The Application Scientist will be responsible for application development to support strategic growth in the biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical sector in the Field and Safety Business Unit. The position will require frequent interaction with various groups within the company, including Product Management, Vertical Marketing, R&D, commercial teams, industry partners, regulators as well as customers. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Strategic Marketing. The role requires an applications scientist with both a strong affinity to engage with customers and a desire to investigate new market opportunities and novel approaches.What will you do?
How will you get here?EDUCATION
- Engage in the voice of customer alongside strategic marketing to identify new market opportunities
- Tight-knit collaboration with strategic marketing to support business case development
- Support collaboration with key opinion leaders, and customers from an application perspective and ability to use data/results from such collaborations to strengthen current marketing approach or identify new market opportunities
- Interact with the global commercial teams to support pre- and post- sales requirements as well as product launches
- Application support to the sales team for markets targeted by the business
- Publish technical/application notes, posters, peer-reviewed articles and various marketing collateral.
- Present methods/workflows and notable solutions at conferences and internal/external meetings.
- Train sales and/or customers on our workflow and deliver key product propositioning information.
MS/Ph.D. degree in Science (biochemistry, biology or related field) with 2+ years of experience is preferred. Bachelors degree with 5 -7 years of experience is required.REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong domain knowledge of the biopharmaceutical process flow from discovery to manufacturing and process development including customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in biopharma and expertise in small molecule and biopharmaceutical method and applications development.
- Understanding of general use cases for analytical instrumentation including LC-MS, Raman, etc.
- Be based onsite at our Tewksbury, MA facility
- High comfort level of interacting, discussing, and presenting to internal/external customers.
- A love of innovative technology and a passion for helping others.
- Positive team player mindset.
- Available to travel up to 50-75%.
- Prior experience working for an analytical instrument/system manufacturer a plus
- Prior experience in preparing and delivering technical papers or seminars
- Strong oral (public speaking) and written communication skills
- Ability to simplify technical findings into concrete takeaways easily understood by a non-technical audience.
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to successfully work independently
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.