*Job Summary*Adjunct instructors instruct students, participate in appropriate curricular and co-curricular assignments and functions, and perform the necessary administrative obligations.*Job Description*Typical duties include but are not limited to:
* Plans and teaches courses in assigned course.
* Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates.
* Maintains highest possible standards of classroom instruction.
* Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of instruction.
* Actively serves on university committees.
* Actively participates in institutional meetings.
* Maintains professional skills through regular professional development, and other activities appropriate to higher education faculty.
* Assists with the development of curriculum.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
*Other Duties:*Performs other job-related duties as assigned.*Additional Job Description**Required Qualifications:*Master's degree in related field and eighteen (18+) credit hours from a regionally accredited institution.All employees are expected to:
* Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
* Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
* Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
* Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
* Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
* Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other's view of the world, personalities and working styles.
* Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
* Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.