In this role, you will bring:
* A life sciences PhD or PharmD (desirable), or BSc or MSc in life sciences.
* Clinical Scientist level: 2 - 4 years' experience, Sr. Clinical Scientist level: 4+ years' experience within Pharma clinical trial management/operations, coupled with a broad knowledge of the drug development field.
* Clinical Scientist level: Leadership potential and well-developed interpersonal skills. Sr. Clinical Scientist level: Demonstrated leadership experience and well-developed interpersonal skills.
* A track record of collaborating with and influencing a wide range of people, and of building strong partnerships.
* Strong project management experience; excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; used to managing multiple priorities concurrently.
* High change agility, thriving in an open and dynamic environment. Able to learn proactively, tackle issues and take accountability.
* Clear written and verbal expression of ideas; an active communicator.
Final job title and associated responsibilities will be commensurate with the successful candidates' level of expertise.
Why consider Novartis?
766 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2021. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
7000 patients, 1200 clinical sites, 40 countries, 100+ clinical studies led by Novartis Clinical Sciences & Innovation (CS&I) last year.
Who are we?
We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Scientists who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and - most importantly - with patients' interests to the fore.
Curious, unbossed and inspired; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
As a member of our team, you will support or lead the clinical science and operations of planning and executing translational medicine clinical trials. Collaborate across our global network. Partner with outstanding physicians and scientists. Build therapeutic area expertise. Revolutionize next-generation, digital and patient-centric trial design. Be always curious, innovative and inspiring.
More specifically, you will:
* Operationally and scientifically lead/co-lead mid- to high-complexity clinical studies.
* Drive and deliver aspects of global clinical trial execution from study design and set-up to final reporting.
* Support or lead the matrix-management of robust global clinical trial teams, collaborating across the organization and externally with service providers/investigator sites.
* Contribute to development of clinical study protocols and other required documents.
* Ensure quality conduct and document standards are applied across the clinical trial lifecycle.
* Lead clinical data review (Sr. Clinical Scientist) - Support clinical data review (Clinical Scientist)
* Contribute to project/program level plans (Sr. Clinical Scientist)
* Mentor junior team members as required.
* Support optimization of standard methodologies in clinical trial operations and adopt an open learning and sharing environment.
* Unleash the value of data and digital within clinical studies.
Ultimately, YOU will help bring new technologies and therapies closer to our patients.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.