We are currently recruiting full-time for energetic, team-oriented CRNA's to join our expanding group. We are a large academic institution in the best location in Philadelphia. 40% of our staff has worked here for 15 years or more. We offer a vast case variety and do cutting edge procedures. We are a level 1 trauma center with multiple transplant programs and many centers of excellence including orthopedics, neurosurgery, ENT, urology, and gastroenterology to name a few. Our equipment is state of art and we have Epic EMR. Our CRNAs work a variety of shifts to meet both the demands of the department and lifestyle needs. They include 4-10s, 3-13s, and 24-8-8. Any extra days worked are paid at an increased Per Diem rate. Our recently increased salaries complement our exceptional benefits that provide an excellent lifestyle for CRNAs. New Grads are welcome to apply. Experienced CRNAs with 2 + years experience are eligible for a $20,000. sign-on bonus after successful completion of probationary period!PRIMARY FUNCTION
: The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist is a registered professional nurse who, has successfully completed a program of nurse anesthesia approved by the Council on Accreditation Programs and has passed the certification examination administered by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetist or its predecessor. In collaboration with an attending anesthesiologist, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to the patients at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist functions are an expanded role with guidelines of the Nurse Practice Act, Departments of Anesthesiology and Nursing and in accordance with the Nurse practitioner clinical protocols.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Participates in pre-anesthetic preparation and evaluation.
- Provide intraoperative general anesthesia care in collaboration with attending Anesthesiologist
- Participate in the induction of general anesthesia and maintenance of anesthetics at required levels
- Implements, monitors and adjusts patient's physiologic condition as appropriate for type of anesthesia and specific patient needs.
- Transfers the responsibility for care of the patient to other qualified providers post-operatively to assure continuity of care and patient safety.
- Provide professional and resuscitative care until the patient has regained control of his/her vital functions
- Administer spinal, epidural, caudal and nerve block anesthesia
- Supports departmental and operating room procedures in the promotion of patient satisfaction and quality.
- Participates in additional areas of responsibility, which are within the expertise of the individual CRNA.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the core values of the University
- Arrives on time and is prepared before the start of the case. Prepares patient for anesthetic and interviews the patient preoperatively.
- Collects patient data and records in the medical record system accurately and efficiently.
- Communicates with the attending anesthesiologist to gather information and discuss the patients care.
- Communicates patient progress to the appropriate care team.
- Performs approved clinical procedures (refer to delineated privileges for the position).
- Performs other duties as directed/required.
- Cooperates with other personnel to achieve departmental objectives: promoting safety, quality, and satisfaction.
- Attends Thursday morning conferences and participate in departmental initiatives meeting goals and objectives.
- Insert and maintain invasive monitoring equipment - ensure equipment is working appropriately.
- Participation in call requirements and flexibility in rotations due to changes in department needs may be necessary.
- Commitment to excellence
- Management Support
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from accredited Institution
- Current Pennsylvania Registered Nurse License (RN
- Current Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist Certificate (CRNA)
- Graduate of an accredited program in nursing anesthesia, or previous experience as a CRNA.
Conditions of Employment
- Knowledge of Anesthesia related equipment
Interested candidates should submit on-line application/CV on line:
http://hr.jefferson.edu/human-resources.html Job ID #9244815
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.Closing Statement
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation's best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.