New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.Attention NJ Applicants
In April 2020, our Company announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, the NJ work location for this role will be temporarily based and the exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
The Screening & Compound Profiling Group is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Associate Principal Scientist with a strong background in automated sciences and high-density in vitro assay systems supporting high throughput screening to join our Quantitative Biosciences Department at our Research Laboratories in Kenilworth, NJ.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplined team driving early discovery programs for oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, immunology, and infectious disease areas.The ideal candidate will have experience in the application of laboratory automation for both walk-up and integrated platform scenarios, enabling biochemical and cell-based in vitro assays as well as multimodal affinity based technologies. You will have a passion for the integration of continually-evolving biology and next-generation automation solutions. Experience in data science, including automated dataflows, associated data analysis, and subsequent machine learning or AI application is essential
Your efforts will be a complement and core resource to existing capabilities and will serve as a means to expand our ability to interrogate and identify new chemical matter to help drive our discovery programs. You will be expected to work independently and to proactively collaborate with colleagues in Screening & Compound Profiling, Quantitative Biosciences, Discovery Chemistry, Information Technology, and across therapeutic area disciplines. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate to identify, evaluate, and recommend scalable novel and cutting-edge assay and automation strategies to drive our discovery programs, including machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Ability to drive the design, planning and execution of robust automation strategies to support biochemical, cell-based assay systems, more complex high throughput biology, and a broad range of affinity-based technologies.
- Contribute to our data analysis and visualization infrastructure development, including the implementation of new platforms and tools across multiple screening platforms.
- Participate in the development of artificial intelligence and machine learning strategies to create frameworks, tools, and visualizations for our screening technologies to correlate/interpret data to identify actionable results.
- Ph.D. in Automated Sciences and/or Biology with relevant automation and in vitro assay experience; with a minimum of 3-4 years od experience in High-Throughput Screening (HTS).
- MS with a minimum of 7 years OR BS with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in screening.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.