This position will be accountable for the day-to-day operation of the Sample Logistics (SL) lab within Compound Management and Distribution (CMD) to ensure timely and high-quality delivery of plated compounds for screening. The successful candidate will work with hit-to-lead stakeholders, including user training and education, troubleshooting of compound requests within the compound ordering application, as well as collaborating with assay providers to configure the most efficient setup for screening. Partnerships with Digital (IT), Global Operations, and external vendors are also expected to ensure maximal access to our hit-to-lead collection. As a senior member of the CMD SL team, the successful candidate will also have significant input in defining plans and strategy for the team.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a member of the CMD SL team, this person will be part of the Compound to Assay Request Tool (CART) Sample Logistics Provider organization and will be expected to validate assay submittals created by Assay Providers. This responsibility requires intimate knowledge of the capabilities of the CMD Sample Logistics lab.
- Accountable for all aspects of compound logistics from receipt of newly synthesized compounds, storage, retrieval, creation, and distribution of assay ready plates (ARP) to Assay Providers for testing. Applicants must have a strong background and experience in compound management, laboratory automation, and compound management data systems. In addition, the candidate must put safety, quality, and excellence as highest priorities.
- Help develop strategy and lead lab-based efforts focused on workflow development, enhancement, quality assurance, and continuous improvement. The successful candidate should look forward to a role with many opportunities to interact with diverse stakeholders (e.g., Medicinal Chemistry, Primary Pharmacology, ADME, Digital (IT), and Global Operations). The candidate should possess strong collaborative and written/verbal communication skills, and have an enthusiastic, optimistic attitude. The candidate is expected to adopt a Continuous Improvement mindset to improve quality and efficiency and reduce cost in sample logistics processes.
- Collaborate with the CMD Automation and Data Support (ADS) team to identify appropriate hardware and software solutions to enhance the current workflows and to manage equipment life cycles. It is expected that the candidate will have strong hands-on experience with liquid and plate handling equipment, such as liquid dispensers, automated storage, barcode scanners, and plate sealers. The candidate should also demonstrate practical knowledge of data handling and database query tools.
- Contribute to enhancement of the hardware and software infrastructure of the SL lab while working within the BT Enterprise framework supporting Compound Management. The successful candidate should demonstrate strong organizational skills, flexibility, and be adept at multi-tasking.
- CART user training and troubleshooting through one-on-one interactions and through the crossline Bespoke Assistance and Troubleshooting (BAT) team.
- Continually identify opportunities to develop as an individual, enable innovation, and continuous improvement in workflows and operations within CMD.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience in compound management and/or laboratory automation. Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience in compound management, laboratory automation, or high throughput screening.
- Prior experience working in areas of compound management, or pharmaceutical laboratory automation, or high throughput screening is a must.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- Demonstrated in depth hands-on experience with laboratory equipment commonly employed in compound management and high throughput screening laboratories. Experience with interaction with instrument vendors is highly preferred.
- Expert knowledge in the operation and troubleshooting of liquid handling systems and other automated plate handling instruments is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required. Visual Basic, SQL, Java, and familiarity with Oracle database is a plus.
- Demonstration of excellent computer, verbal, and written communication skills. Past oral and/or poster presentations at conferences or society meetings are preferred.
- Basic understanding of primary pharmacology assay development and compound screening is a plus.
- Experience in working with multi-functional, cross line teams is preferred
- Relocation Support Available
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development