The incumbent is responsible for supporting the preclinical evaluation and early clinical development of candidate viral vaccines. The incumbent will develop and perform various assays (molecular and biological) to monitor the immune responses elicited by vaccine candidates in support of pre-clinical studies and clinical trials. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for production and characterization of viral stocks and critical reagents. The incumbent should possess strong cell culture, immunoassay development, virus purification, and associated molecular biology skills. The position will include other duties as assigned. The job requires the incumbent to plan and prepare for experimental studies, maintain detailed records of the work undertaken, and effectively communicate results to the research group. The incumbent will be part of a dynamic team of dedicated scientists working in a highly collaborative environment.
1. The incumbent is expected to carry out laboratory experimentation specific to the monitoring of humoral and/or cellular immune responses to various candidate vaccine antigens and support virus propagation and phenotypic/genotypic characterization. Performs assays relevant to the development of immunological and virology methods for measuring responses to vaccines and vaccine efficacy in pre-clinical studies and clinical trials. Will be expected to apply techniques that include (but are not limited to) RT-PCR, various tissue culture techniques, neutralization assays, plaque assays, and ELISAs.
2. Interprets and summarizes experimental data.
3. Generates, characterizes and qualifies reagents used to perform necessary assays.
4. Satisfactorily completes all cGMP/GLP and safety training in conformance with departmental requirements Where applicable, performs job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
5. Present experimental results at group meetings and larger team meetings as needed. Maintain laboratory notebooks in compliance with the Pfizer Laboratory Notebook Policy.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
B.S. with 6-8 year of laboratory research experience, industry experience preferred.
Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, Excel or GraphPad Prism, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development