Job Description Why Patients Need You
At Pfizer, we deliver Breakthroughs That Change Patients Lives . Pfizer Boulder Research and Development is looking to expand its research organization that is focused on the discovery and development of targeted small molecule drugs to treat patients afflicted with cancer. We are seeking results-driven chemists to join our medicinal chemistry department to deliver Pfizer's drugs of the future.
Discovering new medicines at Pfizer takes teams with a diversity of skills, behaviors, and approaches. Creativity, scientific excellence, tenacity, passion, strong work ethic, organization, teamwork, courage, open-mindedness, curiosity - are just some of the traits successful Drug Discoverers display at Pfizer, and we are looking for ambitious Synthetic Chemists, eager to see their work lead to important new medicines and scientific breakthroughs, to join our team. The medicinal chemistry department at Pfizer Boulder Research and Development collaborates extensively with the other research departments to quickly discover and develop best-in-class medicines. What You Will Achieve
As a Senior Scientist in Medicinal Chemistry at Pfizer you will play a vital role as a key contributor of a large, multi-disciplinary matrix team from project inception through to delivery of clinical drug candidates. You will provide key contributions to the implementation of medicinal chemistry strategies through the design, development and execution of innovative chemistry and help to revolutionize our approach to the discovery and development of small molecule and synthetically-derived drugs. How You Will Achieve It
- Understand the goals and strategies of the project team and, as part of the synthesis team, develop and execute innovative and practical synthetic strategies aligned to team objectives, including the development of versatile and modular routes compatible with rapid target synthesis and efficient scalable routes to preclinical drug candidates.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab delivering on team objectives.
- Liaise with project team members to effectively transfer enabled chemistry to contract research chemists and process development as applicable.
- Build effective partnerships with other research lines, in particular analytical, pharmaceutical sciences, and technology groups, for the efficient delivery of target molecules.
- Engage in multi-site medicinal chemistry discussions; prepare and present research results in chemistry and project team meetings.
- Publish and present research internally and externally to Pfizer.
Based in Colorado, with more than 300 days a year of sunshine, Boulder is a paradise in the West!Visit https://www.bouldercoloradousa.com/ to discover what we love about Boulder. Many colleagues live just outside of Boulder and have commutes of only 15 to 30 minutes. Qualifications Must-Have
- Doctorate degree in Organic Chemistry with 0-3 years of laboratory based research or Bachelor's or Master's degree with equivalent experience.
- Expertise in methodology development and has successfully completed multistep syntheses.
- Strong knowledge of techniques related to purification and characterization of organic compounds.
- Expertise in reaction mechanisms and retrosynthetic analysis; ability to prioritize and simultaneously execute multiple potential synthetic options.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to scientifically challenge others in a constructive manner and demonstrates exceptional team working skills (e.g. approachable and collaborative).
- Proven track record of creative thinking and consistent delivery as demonstrated by publication and presentation records.
- Stays up to date with chemical literature and emerging synthetic methodologies and technologies.
Along with a Resume/CV, please include a short research summary (2-3 pages with structures) of your relevant research. Other Job Details:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work within a multi-disciplinary team of colleagues.
- 1-2 years postdoctoral experience.
- Previous experience in mentoring and development of junior scientists or students.
For roles based in Colorado:
- Eligible for Relocation Package: YES
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: YES
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $82,400 to $137,300 . In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 12.5% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
#LI-PFE Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development