The primary purpose of this position is to design and construct expression vectors for the development and characterization of highly productive mammalian cell lines to produce various proteins, antibodies or viruses. The position requires a good working knowledge of mammalian expression process for recombinant protein production and virus propagation. The scope of responsibility includes performing key activities associated with cell line development including molecular cloning, RT-PCR, ddPCR, NGS, genome editing etc. An appreciation of GMP is desirable and experience with gene assembly systems is a plus. Experience in applied research is expected. Careful documentation of work and presentation of data is required. All work is to be done in a compliant manner according to SOP guidelines and cGMP/GLP regulations, where applicable. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and generate expression vectors to obtain high titer and quality for proteins/viruses in mammalian cells, either by transient or stable transfection
- Characterize stable mammalian cell lines by ddPCR or qRT-PCR, NOVA, FACS, Octet, Western, ELISA etc. to measure genetic and epigenetic stability
- Develop assays to determine gene copy number, RNA copy number, protein titer and virus titer
- Keep abreast of novel technology for mammalian expression systems; introduce and implement novel technology to the department
- Collaborate with colleagues within Vaccine Research and Development organization including Bioprocess Purification, Analytical, and Formulation Development groups
- Present problems and propose solutions in discussions with group members. Offer insights based on experience to group members to help solve existing problems
- Independently analyze, interpret, and provide conclusions and present experimental data
- Maintain detailed records and keep management informed as to the progress or issues
- Keep abreast of scientific/ technological development by participating in scientific meetings/ seminars and through regular scientific review
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Satisfactorily complete all GLP and safety training in compliance with departmental requirements and follow appropriate safety practices in the workplace
- Perform timely notebook entries and review for completed experiments
Nice to Have
- BS degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Experience with molecular cloning to generate expression vectors
- Experience with molecular cloning, PCR, NGS, genome editing
- Experience with mammalian cell culture
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The ability to make aseptic transfers and perform the relevant laboratory functions.
- Mental requirements are a detailed understanding of the scientific subject matter, an ability to make scientific judgments and an ability to perform complex data analysis.
Works irregular hours (weekends and outside of 9-5 format) as experiments warrant OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
#LI-PFEPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development