Attractive remuneration package on offer to the successful candidate. Total salary package offered will depend on qualifications and experience.Five year fixed term contract
As a senior leader in the Marketing and Recruitment Branch, the Director, Operations provides exceptional and empowering leadership and strategic oversight across our::
- three-faculty marketing and recruitment teams responsible for driving faculty-specific strategy across products, communications and marketing.
- University Marketing and Recruitment events team responsible for the delivery of key University marketing and recruitment events.
- University web operations team responsible for strategic governance and operational management of the University websites.
- future students experience team responsible for driving strategy and engagement at the bottom of the customer funnel, incorporating management of the University future student enquiry service.
With a focus on outstanding service delivery, the Director, Operations is accountable for driving major projects and shared initiatives while fostering effective collaboration and strong stakeholder relationships to drive operational and service excellence. The Director, Operations will also play a key role in ensuring delivery of reputation and revenue objectives for the University.
We are seeking an experienced leader to work alongside our Chief Marketing Officer and senior team to drive excellence across governance, culture, and internal communication and engagement within our Marketing and Recruitment Branch.To be successful you will need:
Enjoy an outstanding career environment
- A track record of success in a senior marketing or similar role within the higher education sector.
- Substantial demonstrated experience in leading the development, implementation and evaluation of operational excellence in strategy across service models, governance and communications and engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to a senior leadership team and collaborating with other senior executives including the ability to cultivate relationships of influence and engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven track record to effectively lead and inspire significant and diverse marketing and recruitment resources in a complex environment to achieve strategic and revenue goals.
- Significant experience building and fostering a culture aligned with organisational values and behaviours, ultimately leading to greater collaboration, team performance and business outcomes.
The University of Adelaide is a uniquely rewarding workplace. The size, breadth and quality of our education and research programs - including significant industry, government and community collaborations - offers you a vast scope and opportunity for a long, fulfilling career.
It also enables us to attract high-calibre people in all facets of our operations, ensuring you will be surrounded by talented colleagues, many world-leading. Our work's cutting-edge nature - not just in your own area, but across virtually the full spectrum of human endeavour - provides a constant source of inspiration.
Our culture is one that welcomes all and embraces diversity consistent with our Staff Values and Behaviour Framework and our Values of integrity, respect, collegiality, excellence and discovery. We firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset, so we work to grow and diversify the skills, knowledge and capability of all our staff.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life. Flexible working arrangements are on offer for all roles at the University.
In addition, we offer a wide range of attractive staff benefits. These include: salary packaging; flexible work arrangements; high-quality professional development programs and activities; and an on-campus health clinic, gym and other fitness facilities.Your division's broader role
The Division of External Engagement comprises Marketing & Recruitment, Advancement, Media & Corporate Relations, Global Engagement and Children's University. The Division oversees strategy and delivery of the University's key services in domestic and international student recruitment, global engagement, alumni relations and philanthropy, media and corporate communications and industry and government partnerships and volunteers, among many others. This work is critical to the future success of the University of Adelaide, creating opportunities, strengthening partnerships and generating new revenue, all with the same goal: to support the University's outstanding teaching and learning and our world-class research.
Learn more at: adelaide.edu.au/engage/ If you have the talent, we'll give you the opportunity. Together, let's make history.
Click on the 'Apply Now' button to be taken through to the online application form. Please ensure you submit a cover letter, resume, and upload a document that includes your responses to all of the selection criteria for the position as contained in the position description or selection criteria document.
Applications close 11:55pm, Sunday 5 June 2022.For further information
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, contact:
Dr Benjamin Grindlay
Chief Marketing Officer
The University of Adelaide
You'll find a full position description and/or selection criteria below: (If no links appear, try viewing on another device) The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
Download the Position Description Apply now
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.