Full-Time Teaching Position at the PAA
The instructor will:
· Provide direct and explicit instruction to ESL and ABE students, design daily class activities, prepare additional educational materials for students,
· Assist with marketing, outreach, and recruitment of new students, particularly in Spanish-language communities,
· Offer English to Spanish language translation for Polish American Association publications, website, flyers, and other materials,
· Comply with the curriculum, attendance policies, assessments (pre-and post-testing), and other established processes,
· Work with full-time staff in registering, assessing (pre-and post-testing) students and following all course guidelines,
· Monitor student progress, report outcomes, and refer students for additional assessments and/or support services,
· Participate in professional development activities and assist in training other teachers (training pathways set by the ICCB and the Education Director),
· Actively retain students through goal attainment,
· Return requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and director,
· Participate in annual student evaluation,
· Perform other administrative duties as necessary.
· This is a full-time position that will be split between classroom instruction and the marketing/outreach/translation responsibilities highlighted above.
Bachelor's Degree in Education or a related field. Three (3) years of teaching experience in adult education (ABE, GED, ESL) and/or developmental college reading, and/or writing. Proficient in online and in-person teaching modalities and LMS systems. Teacher Certification, certificates, endorsements and related experience will be considered. Experience and/or expertise in instructional/classroom technology. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning, required teaching of weekday evening classes, possible weekend classes.
Master's Degree in Education, Adult Education, or closely related field. Elementary, Middle School and/or High School Teacher Certification in English or Foreign Language and/or ESL/TESOL/Bilingual education endorsement. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and Spanish required.
Company DescriptionFounded in 1922, the Polish American Association (PAA) is the nation's only human services organization providing a comprehensive range of bilingual and bicultural services to the Polish community and others in need. The mission of the Polish American Association, a human service agency, is to serve the diverse needs of the Polish community in the Chicago metro area by providing resources for changing lives, with emphasis on assisting immigrants. Through its 28 programs and services PAA is providing clients with the resources for changing their lives and enhancing their ability to become contributing members of our community.