Westwood Laboratories in Azusa, California is a personal care, beauty and OTC drug products formulator and contract manufacturer. Westwood operates in a fast paced, highly customer focused, short run environment. We are looking for a talented and motivated R&D Senior Chemist to join our growing team. This position is responsible for formulating innovative hair care, skin care, pet care and OTC products. The ideal candidate is someone that can work with minimal supervision and is passionate about the cosmetic industry. The opening is available NOW!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulation and reverse engineering of skin, body, and hair care products employing general cosmetic science and laboratory principles and techniques.
- Forms: O/W, W/O emulsions, gels, pomades, mousses, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, hand soaps, and OTC formulations
- Creating sample submission forms, ingredient lists, formula registrations, and other documents as necessary.
- Writing manufacturing instructions; supervising pilots; adjusting batches.
- Working with cost targets; generate costed formulas for submission to project management team.
- In coordination with project managers, interfacing directly with clients to establish project expectations
- Mentoring and training junior chemists and lab technicians.
- Researching of new products, chemistry, and innovation driving new business opportunities
- Staying up to date in regards to changes in regulatory requirements from FDA as well as being knowledgeable about compliance for global markets.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline (minimum required), M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline (preferred).
- Minimum 5-10 years related experience formulating skin care, hair care, pet care and OTC products.
- In depth knowledge of principles of cosmetic science.
- A working knowledge of formula scale up and manufacturing equipment
- Experience working at a contract manufacturer preferred.
Company DescriptionWestwood Labs is a premier contract manufacturing firm located in the San Gabriel Valley. Visit www.westwoodlabs.com to learn more!