Full-time Assistant Professor (or above) of Special Education
Full-Time Faculty Recruitment Announcement Department of Special Education, National Taiwan Normal University.
1. Qualifications: Candidates who possess expertise in the field of special education, hold a doctoral degree (Gifted education or mental disability is preferred), perform independent research ability, and have one of the following qualifications:
A. In addition to first-time faculty with a doctoral degree, newly appointed full-time faculty must meet one of the following requirements:
i. Have published or been listed as the first author or corresponding author for two academic papers in Science Citation Index, Social Science Citation Index, Taiwan Social Science Citation Index, Engineering Index Compendex, Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Taiwan Humanities Citation Index (originally Taiwan Humanities Citation Index Core), or Scopus index journals within the past 3 years.
ii. Have served as the principal investigator in at least two research projects of the Ministry of Science and Technology (originally the National Science Council) in the past 3 years.
iii. Have published one or more monographs in the past 3 years. Please provide the reviewer comments and proof of publication.
iv. Have extensive practical experience in the field and reviewable and concrete achievements (for professional technicians).
Note: Academic papers may be deemed equivalent to research projects of the Ministry of Science (originally the National Science Council).
B. "First-time faculty" refers to those who have not served as a full-time faculty in colleges or above after acquiring their doctoral degree within 2 years prior to this recruitment announcement (excluding the mandatory military service tenure for male candidates).
C. Candidates whose academic achievements satisfy the requirements for the National Taiwan Normal University Project Faculty position may be considered as project faculty.
D. Candidates who received their highest level of education from National Taiwan Normal University must possess 2 or more years of tenure working in research, professional positions, or fields related to their main teaching subject after their graduation from National Taiwan Normal University. However, candidates applying for faculty positions in fields related to teacher education that require a fixed quota of faculty are exempt from this qualification.
E. Candidates must have excellent academic research experience and teaching ability in English.
2. Quota: One assistant professor or above
3. Required documents (candidates must prepare one copy of each of the following documents):
A. Application Form
Please submit the digital files to email@example.com.
B. Printed copies of curriculum vitae with autobiography and Ph.D. diploma.
C. Printed copies of work-related certificates (if applicable).
D. A Copy of the teacher certificate of the current rank (if applicable).
E. Academic transcripts (undergraduate, Master, and Ph.D. degree).
F. Reprints of representative academic papers and/or dissertation published within the last 5 years.
G. Two letters of recommendation.
H. Course syllabi for three courses in the field of special education.
4. Application procedures:
(1) All required documents should be mailed to Department of Special Education, National Taiwan Normal University, No. 162, Sec. 1, Heping E. Road, Taipei, Taiwan 10610, by 5:00 p.m. (GMT+8) on July 31, 2022 (please specify "Application for full-time faculty position - Department of Special Education" on the envelopment; candidates who wish to have their applications returned should enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope).
(2) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to an interview by phone or email; however, candidates who are not present at the interview will be deemed to have abandoned his or her application. Applicants who do not pass the initial review will not be notified. Those who pass the initial review but are not present for the secondary review will be deemed to have waived their qualification.
(3) Contact information: Ms. Pei-Chun Chen, Department of Special Education, TE: +886-2-7749-5025.
5. In accordance with the National Taiwan University Faculty Evaluation Regulations, full-time faculty appointed after August 1, 2011, shall undergo the evaluation for newly appointed faculty.
1. For candidates who hold a degree outside Taiwan, please submit a graduation diploma, academic transcripts, and proof of overseas employment verified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
2. "One-year tenure of full-time position" refers to the candidate's total tenure time prior to appointment.
3. For regulations regarding full-time faculty qualifications, please refer to the National Taiwan National University Personnel Office website at http://hr.ntnu.edu.tw/rules/rules.html
The Chronicle of Higher Education. Keywords: Special Education - Assistant Professor, Location: Washington, DC - 20037