Submit online application, current resume, and letter of introduction outlining how your experience and education have prepared you for this position, college transcripts, and contact information for three professional references. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.At KCC we take every precaution possible to maintain a safe environment. Masks are required and vaccinations are recommended but not required
Primarily responsible for teaching the lab and clinical portion in KCC Registered Nursing Program, while providing direct supervision and evaluation of students as they deliver patient care in a clinical facility, the simulation lab or the skills lab setting for 6-10 hours per day. There is some flexibility in work assignment but generally will be two days per week, which can begin at 5:00 am (day shift clinicals) or run through 10 p.m. (evening shift clinicals).
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the organizing framework and learning outcomes of the registered nursing programs.
- In collaboration with the lead faculty, develop, integrate, and evaluate student learning experiences, including selection of learning activities for assigned clinical, lab, and simulation nursing courses, appropriate use of emerging teaching and learning methodologies, assessment and guidance of the student, and evaluation of patient and student safety within assigned courses.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures necessary for the operation of the nursing education programs.
- Evaluate student learning and performance; assign grades for assigned nursing courses according to policies; determine student progress within the nursing program courses, and recommend successful candidates for certificates/degrees.
- Assist with clinical teaching associates and nursing staff in practice sites to the program goals, learning outcomes, and expected competencies of the nursing students through the provision of copies of program goals, student learning objectives, and clinical schedules each term and as needed.
- Provide a positive role model for the students, especially in areas of professionalism, conflict resolution, caring, advocacy, respect for self and others, collegiality, ethical behavior, ethical reasoning, and strong work ethic (including responsibility, dependability, and accountability) and provides constructive feedback to students.
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of students as they deliver patient care in clinical facility for 6-10 hours per day.
- Participate cooperatively with other nursing programs and agencies to develop appropriate and equitable access to practice sites.
LICENSURE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to be deemed "fit" following a required criminal history check, if applicable.
- Knowledge of computer applications for communication and learning, including, but not limited to Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), the Internet, multi-media presentations, learning management systems, and database management.
- Knowledge of the curriculum development process.
- Familiarity with the community college's mission, role in higher education, and student population.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with diverse students, staff, and community members.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional standards and growth.
- License Required: Current Oregon R.N. license; or the ability to obtain Oregon R.N. license by hire date.
- Valid Oregon driver's license
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Master's preferred
: Past teaching experience as clinical instructor or clinical teaching associate strongly preferred.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequently moving from stationary sitting positions to standing and walking.
Klamath Community College is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Veteran / ADA Institution embracing diversity. We encourage and welcome women, minority, veteran, and disabled candidates
Employment Type: Part Time
Salary: $50 - $55 Hourly