Alida Biosciences is an early-stage, VC backed startup in San Diego focused on developing novel genomic analysis tools. The company's technology will advance the understanding of RNA biology and provide actionable information for improving human health.
Alida Biosciences is seeking bold and creative scientists at all levels who have the passion and talent to join our team in its mission to transform omics with next-generation technologies. As an early-stage company, we offer exceptional opportunities for our employees to engage in cross-functional roles, grow with the company, build new technologies, and launch innovative products.Bioinformatics ScientistResponsibilities
- Develop and maintain custom analytical pipeline using both industry standard tools and developing custom analysis algorithms
- Support the scientific and technical staff in experimental design and analysis
- Develop and maintain tools, repositories and interfaces to Alida Biosciences proprietary data
- Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs. Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Communicate results to scientific staff through presentations, technical reports, and in-lab discussions
- Masters or Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics or a related discipline, or demonstrated experience
- 1-3+ years of industry experience in a relevant field
- Familiarity with genomic analysis and tools for genomic and transcriptomic analysis including data quality control, adapter trimming, UMI filtering, alignment and reporting and display
- In depth knowledge of python, and relevant modules, including numpy, matplotlib, pandas, pysam, and biopython
- Comfortable working in a linux environment with demonstrated experience in bash shell command line and shell scripting, cron jobs, performance monitoring, connectivity to cloud storage
- Experience in analyzing large genomic/transcriptomic datasets similar those generated using methods such as RNA-seq, RIP-seq, and ChIP-seq
- Highly desirable: Experience developing user-interfaces to tools or databases using Tk, PyQt or other libraries and/or developing data models and databases
- Manipulate publicly accessible, commercial, or proprietary genomic or post-genomic databases
We offer a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, LTD, paid vacation, and a stock plan.
Alida Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.