Molecular Toxicology Associate Scientist
The candidate will be a member of the Genetic and Molecular Toxicology group in a GLP-compliant facility and responsible for conducting molecular toxicology assays following guidelines/protocols/Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)s.
The duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• QPCR analysis of study samples
• Maintenance of study records.
• Study data input and quality control checking.
• Clear communication of study results to the study director/PI.
• Clear communication of any issues that arise to the study director or appropriate personnel.
• GLP documentation.
• Laboratory and equipment maintenance.
• SOP preparation.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Strong scientific background and critical thinking skills.
• Hands on experience in the fields of in vitro toxicology including aseptic technique, cell culture, and QPCR.
• Demonstrated teamwork abilities to manage and coordinate multiple projects and chemistries in a timely and effective manner.
• Strong written and oral communication skills that allow dissemination of complex technical issues in a clear, concise manner.
• Experience with preparing and reviewing technical documents including lab standard operating procedures, study protocols, and reports.
• The ability to design non-GLP and GLP toxicology studies for discovery screens and regulatory submissions.
• The ability to work independently and with colleagues from cross-functional disciplines.
• Keen interest in working in a dynamic, exciting industry and applying scientific information for protection of human health.
• B.S. degree in biology or related science field with 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. (PhD candidates are overqualified).
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to learn other software/validated systems
• Good communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, an attention to detail, and commitment to quality.
• Effective time management skills: ability to work safely under specific time constraints, prioritize workload, and use time productively.
• Must be able to work well independently and in a team setting.