Kaycha Group, LLC is a leading provider of innovative Cannabis and Hemp testing technologies and methods. We perform product testing to help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations. We provide comprehensive cannabis testing for potency, homogeneity, heavy metals, microbial contamination, mycotoxins, residual solvents, terpenes, and pesticides.Job Purpose:
The Lab Director is responsible for the planning and operational performance of the assigned laboratory. This role oversees the day-to-day operations and ensures compliance standards for quality and safety. The Lab Director is accountable for knowing and following all Company policies and standards, leads by example, and lives our values while supporting our rapid organizational growth. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Lead? ?the? ?team? ?with? ?dynamic? ?leadership? ?that? ?promotes? ?an? ?environment? ?of? ?support,? ?development,? ?engagement,? ?and? ?high? ?productivity.? ?This? ?includes,? ?but? ?is? ?not? ?limited? ?to,? ?hiring,? ?coaching,? ?performance? ?management,? ?ensuring? ?productivity,? ?disciplinary? ?action,? ?cross-training,? ?rewards? ?and? ?recognition,? ?and? ?succession? ?planning.? ?
- Ensure? ?the? ?financial? ?health? ?of? ?the? ?laboratory.? ?This? ?includes? ?managing? ?expenses? ?related? ?to? ?all? ?operational? ?activities,? ?such? ?as? ?equipment,? ?labor,? ?and? ?supplies and monitoring laboratory performance by measuring, monitoring, and managing to company KPI targets?.? ?
- Manage? ?? lab ?operations, ??including? ?production,? ?process? ?evaluation,? ?and? ?monitoring.?
- Ensure? ?compliance? ?with? ?laboratory? ?policies? ?and? ?procedures,? ?state? ?regulations,? ?and? ?ISO-17025? ?quality? ?management? ?system?.
- Drive? ?a? ?strong? ?customer? ?service? ?culture? ?while? ?adhering? ?to? ?the? ?highest? ?ethical? ?and? ?safety? ?standards.? ?
- Maintain? ?analytical? ?equipment? ?(i.e.? ?HPLC,? ?GC-MSMS,? ?LCMSMS,? ?ICP-MS,? ?qPCR? ?analytical? ?balances,? ?autoclave,? ?centrifuge,? ?biological? ?safety? ?cabinets,? ?fume? ?hoods,? ?etc.)?.
- Monitor? ?and? ?manage? ?facilities.??
- Partner? ?with? ?the? ?Quality? Assurance Team? ?to? ?assure? ?method? ?and? ?SOP? ?compliance.?
- Evaluate? ?both? ?OOS? ?and? ?CAPA? ?reports? ?with? ?the? ?Senior? ?Executive? ?Team? ?and? ?Quality? ?department.? ?
- ??Build? ?strong? ?internal,? ?external,? ?and? ?cross-functional? ?relationships.?
- Drive? ?a? ?continuous? ?improvement? ?culture.? ?
- Other? ?duties? ?and? ?special? ?projects? ?as? ?assigned.? ?
Education & Experience:
- Strong? ?understanding? ?of? ?standard? ?laboratory? ?protocol and experience working with cannabis laboratory ?analytical? ?equipment? ?(i.e.? ?HPLC,? ?GC-MSMS,? ?LCMSMS,? ?ICP-MS)
- Track? ?record? ?in? ?accelerating the performance of laboratory groups.
- Excellent? ?communication? ?skills? ?and? ?ability? ?to? ?effectively? ?work,? ?influence,? ?problem? ?solve,? ?and? ?communicate? ?with? ?all? ?levels? ?of? ?the? ?organization.
- Exceptional analytical skills with effective judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to execute on an operating plan and ensure business priorities are met.
- Ability? ?to? ?multi-task and work? ?in? ?a? ?dynamic,? ?fast-paced? ?deadline? ?environment? and maintain composure during challenging and/or complex situations
- Ability? ?to? ?maintain? ?high? ?degree? ?of? ?attention? ?to? ?detail? ?and? ?accuracy.? ?
- Strong? ?knowledge? ?of? ?Microsoft? ?Office,? ?including? ?Excel,? ?PowerPoint,? ?and? ?Word.?
- Travel? ?when requested,? ?including? ?overnight? ?travel.?
- Minimum? ?BS/BA? ?in? ?Chemistry,? ?Biology,? ?Physics,? ?Engineering? ?or? ?Environmental? ?Sciences required.? ?Advanced? ?degree? ?preferred.? ?
- 8+? ?years? ?of? ?relevant? ?laboratory? ?operations? ?and? ?leadership? ?experience.?
- Advanced? ?knowledge? ?of? ?principles,? ?terminology,? ?practices,? ?techniques,? ?and? instrumentation? ?commonly? ?used? ?in? ?a? ?laboratory? ?setting? ?required.? ?
- Exposure? ?to? ?the? ?cannabis? ?industry? ?desired.?
- Must pass Level 2 background check.
- Kaycha Labs offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and time off.
- Kaycha Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, handle or feel, to speak, and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
Specific vision abilities required for this job include close (proximity) vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
The work environment described here is representative of that which an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The standard analytical laboratory environment is one in which potential health hazards do exist. Administrative, operations, technical, and professional staff are expected to safely operate in accordance with applicable and appropriate health and safety policies and procedures, as prescribed by the applicable Kaycha manuals and policies and/or federal, state, or local standards.
Laboratory staff can be expected to work in areas where hazards associated are with, but not limited to, airborne pathogens. Biological materials, hazardous substances, and radioactive material exist and are handled. Appropriate training is provided regarding these hazards and staff are expected to adhere to all health and safety policies at all times, whether they are in writing or verbalized by a supervisor.The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.