Supplier Sourcing Manager (Laboratory Supplies & Equipment)STATUS:
VP of OperationsEFFECTIVE DATE:
June 2022WANT TO BE A PART OF THE NETA TEAM?? Focus on career development & promotion; people are at the core of everything we do. We offer competitive salary ranges & awesome benefits.
For over 20 years, Neta Scientific, Inc. has been a leading distributor of laboratory supplies, solutions, and safety products
to the Life Science and Pharmaceutical industries. We are currently seeking candidates that bring their knowledge and experience to the Neta Team. Our mission is to provide our customers access to a robust catalog of world-leading brands
to conduct cutting-edge research and development more effectively. The company's vision is to build "The Neta Brand" to be synonymous with Integrity, Excellence in Supply Chain Management, and Optimum in Customer Satisfaction. SUMMARY:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supply Management, responsible for developing and delivering value across a group of laboratory and life science suppliers to support stakeholders' and organizational strategic objectives.
- Responsible for developing supplier relationship strategy and executing projects in partnership with functional stakeholders. The role reports performance and facilitates supplier business reviews, including the development of cross-functional supplier scorecards.
- The role supports contract life cycle management, participates in contract negotiations, and helps to ensure contract value realization and supplier performance through effective supplier management.
- Manager will support Fulfillment, Operations, and Business Development to ensure continuity of supply and effectively address issue management.
- Manage the corporate Supplier Relationship including Purchasing, operations, and marketing overview and activities.
- Manage and maintain contract terms for Suppliers.
- Ownership of company KPIs to Suppliers measuring our partner's performance regarding operations, marketing support, fulfillment, sales, IT, and other areas.
- Build a training platform and schedule to efficiently train internal teams on supplier products, catalogs, applications, and a cross-functional supplier scorecard.
- Review market and marketing conditions for potential supplier relationships that meet the current company needs and fill open gaps in our product portfolio.
- Understanding of the Life Science, Biotechnology, and Pharma Industries, trends, and overall direction they are headed in.
- Manage the onboarding and offboarding of suppliers to ensure they are set up and function properly in our systems and punch out platforms.
- Report analytics on price changes, Inventory, delivery, and overall impact on customers.
- Discuss supplier initiatives, challenges, and opportunities with internal teams and customers and develop a strategy to meet them.
- Identify high volume products that should be stocked in our warehouse with the goal of reducing lead times for our customers
- This job may expand to include supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Life Sciences;
- MBA/MS desirable, C.P.M. desirable.
- 3+ years of experience with knowledge and experience in category management, sourcing, contract negotiations, and supplier relationship management in the Lab Supplies category.
- 3+ years in biotech/life sciences industry.
- Familiarity/Experience in Wholesale Distribution of Scientific Supplies (preferred)
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including solid interpersonal, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Computer skills required: CRM, ERP understanding, Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel - Report Building)
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information;
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional supplier situations;
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives;
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully;
- Professionalism - Presents themselves professionally in all communication channels, with attention to detail, budgets, and reporting.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
This job operates in a professional/warehouse office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Neta Scientific, Inc. is open for business from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday. You will be assigned a work schedule and you will be expected to begin and end work according to the schedule. To accommodate the needs of our business, at some point we may need to change individual work schedules on either a short-term or long-term basis.Travel
No Travel Required.Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Neta Scientific performs a Criminal and Credit Background evaluation strictly for the purposes of employment with Neta Scientific. Information obtained will be held confidentially and not used for any other purpose but to validate a candidate's qualifications for employment.AAP/EEO Statement
Neta Scientific Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
The Company will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not pose an undue hardship on the Company's operations.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: 75,000 - $85,000 / year dependent upon education and experience