As a member of the Quality Control Laboratory at New England Biolabs (NEB), the person in this position will have the primary responsibility of performing final Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) analyses of protein products while complying with company quality standards.
- Perform Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) analyses of protein products
- Perform QC assays for enzymes or molecular biology reagents using gel based and spectrophotometric methods
- Interpret test results using approved product specifications
- Report questionable test results to management
- Organize and track test results
- Make, maintain, and qualify critical reagents used in test methods
- Manage product archives and reference materials
- Maintain lab cleanliness and adherence to all safety guidelines
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BA or BS in chemistry, biology, or related field with a minimum of 5 years laboratory experience in analytical/biochemistry research and/or development
- Skills in operating standard laboratory equipment including spectrophotometers, SDS-PAGE, centrifuges, and pipettes
- Experience performing laboratory-based tasks, which include reagent preparation, sample management, and protein digests
- Strong record keeping skills and the ability to analyze, interpret and report results to management
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Have a working knowledge of MS Office applications, SAP and electronic lab software platforms (ELN, LIMS, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience working in a QC lab setting that follows ISO 9001, 13485 and/or GMP Quality Management Standards
- Experience operating Capillary Electrophoresis instruments such as the ABI 3730xl Genetic Analyzer and the Sciex PA 800 Plus.
NEB currently requires all employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New hires must be fully vaccinated prior to the first date of employment. NEB will consider requests for reasonable accommodations, as required by applicable law.
New England Biolabs is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community; as an EEO/AA employer, New England Biolabs considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. More in-depth details of EEO are available here.
Information regarding New England Biolabs commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion can be found here.
New England Biolabs is a participating employer in the Employment Verification (E-Verify) program.
OFCCP's pay transparency policy can be found on OFCCP's website at www.dol.gov/ofccp
If you need an accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to email@example.com or call 978-927-5054 to let us know the nature of your request.