Location: California Remote work must be performed while residing in California. Reports to:
Dean of EducationStatus:
Full-time with benefitsIf qualified, apply today at:
This role will be divided between teaching responsibilities and administrative/curriculum tasks.Teaching Responsibilities:
Curriculum Development Tasks:
- Available to teach live online and asynchronously
- Available to provide coverage when needed.
- Current certification(s) in subjects taught.
- Plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize online student learning and engagement.
- Modify, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student's needs.
- Employ appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
- Stay current in their subject matter through professional development, through involvement in professional organizations, and attending professional meetings, conference or workshop.
Provide administrative leadership in all areas of curriculum development, including:
- Responsible for building out and maintaining all Canvas course shells, master templates including syllabus, exams banks, discussions, assignments, assessments and grade books.
- Responsible for the creation and application of curriculum making sure it meets academic and industry standards
- Maintain currency of curriculum, syllabi, textbooks and canvas.
- Review training material/deliverables and provide recommendations on the accuracy of and relevancy of content of curriculum.
- Contribute to the selection and development of instructional materials in accordance with course objectives.
- Maintain compliance with accreditation related to instruction and the quality of education.
- Work with the Dean of Education to develop and maintain goals to ensure monthly certification take and pass rates per program are achieved.
- Assist with monitoring academic standards and ensuring the quality of teaching, learning and academic outcomes.
- Assist with reviewing and following up with instructor and programmatic surveys and assessments while analyzing and sharing this data with faculty and staff.
- In conjunction with the Dean of Education, conduct formal and informal classroom observations and plan on-going faculty development/training.
- Involved with the hiring, onboarding, and on-going training and of faculty.
- Work with the Dean of Education to develop and revise programs to continually enhance quality of education and to maintain consistency with CIAT's mission and goals.
- Assist with timecard review and ensuring that all time submitted by instructors is accurate.
- Accomplish departmental objectives by assisting with managing staff; planning and evaluating departmental activities.
- Provide growth opportunities and maintain a motivated and professional team by assisting with recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, and training employees.
- Develop and implement a data-driven approach to monitor all student communication channels including phone and email.
- Assist with coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, in partnership with HR and the Dean of Education, using the progressive discipline policy.
- Assist with processing timely, accurate, fair, without bias, performance reviews.
- Ensure a safe, secure, and ethical work environment.
- Manage and enforce timekeeping policies to ensure accuracy and timely process of employee's timecards.
- Maintain quality service by enforcing customer service standards, analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems, and recommending improvements.
- Embody CIAT's mission, professionalism, and the goals of the department.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Preferred but not required background in IT
- 2-3 years of management experience, ideally in a higher education setting.
- Preferred 2 years teaching experience
- Curriculum development experience preferred
- Advanced subject matter expertise preferred.
- Able to work a 40-hour plus workweek, if needed, depending on schedule and coverage.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as learning technologies such as Canvas and Microsoft Teams.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing environment.
- Detail oriented, outstanding research and analytical skills.
- Problem solve rapidly and effectively, in a timely manner.
- Ability and organization to multitask.
- Works with a sense of urgency, while engaging and listening to coworkers from other departments.
This position has supervisory responsibilities and will be defined by the Dean of Education.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday with some evening hours. Weekend hours may also be required.Physical Demands
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds.
- Sedentary work. Essential functions of this role require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to type, use a computer to search for information and input information while speaking on the phone is required.
- The employee will frequently be required to use the computer, mouse and telephone to conduct the regular tasks of this role.
- The employee will be required to compute simple to simple mathematical calculations as a normal part of this role.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.AAP/EEO Statement
California Institute of Arts & Technology provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, California Institute of Arts & Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
California Institute of Arts & Technology expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of California Institute of Arts & Technology's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.